"Slow and Funky" Mix - Big Stacks

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited May 2010 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,Here is a mix I made earlier this afternoon of slow and funky shit:Also, here is a hotlink to the mix in case the DivShare player acts screwy: "Slow and Funky" Mix - Big Stacks Enjoy!!!Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is the shit....Three Day Weekend Road Trip material.....thanks Stacks.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    This is the shit....Three Day Weekend Road Trip material.....thanks Stacks.

Thank you, Rock!!! I'm glad you're feelin' it. Enjoy your trip and I wish you and your family a safe return home.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    great vibe. any chance of getting a track listing?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    great vibe. any chance of getting a track listing?

Hey Fishmongerfunk,

Thanks, man. I'm glad you're enjoying the music. I'm sorry, but I put the records away, so I can't provide a tracklist right now.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Thanks for sharing!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Thanks Stacks!!

You're welcome, Cosmophonic and Jaymack!!! I hope you enjoy the music. The mix takes me to a wonderful place (my, the nostalgia), and I wish the same for you. It reminds me of the old days in Aberdeen, MD when I was a kid. I remember listening to the radio all day, playing 45s on my cheap Sears & Roebuck stereo , three-striped long tube socks, cutoff shorts and tank tops, cheap Bata Bullets sneakers, bikes with banana seats, the reality of a Black kid in the 70s. Music is such a gift in that way!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    This has proven to be the perfect background music to working at home on an overcast but wonderful springtime sunday.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yeah i am writing my thesis to this
    thanks for the great selection and pacing

Thanks for the love, Cosmophonic and pcmr!!! I'm glad you're enjoying the music. Best wishes on completing your thesis, pcmr!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Listening now in my backyard on a beautiful spring day. Birds singing, everything blooming - just right.

Thanks!

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    pure sultry soul, such a relaxing mix. Good lookin' out!!

Thanks Horseleech and Breez!!! I'm glad y'all are feeling it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    thanks for the dope mix....

thanks for the dope mix....

You're welcome, Sweatshop. Thanks for the love and I'm glad you liked it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for this, this is really making my monday morning at work way more tolerable.

That song with the sudden echoes on the vocals blew my mind just now, niceness!

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    this is making my day. thanks for getting me started on a monday morning.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    my only complaint is poasting that i just lost my place on the stream.

Thanks for this, this is really making my monday morning at work way more tolerable.

That song with the sudden echoes on the vocals blew my mind just now, niceness!

Yeah Mjukis, that's my cut too! It's on some old "blue-light in the basement, slow dance" steeze. Thanks to you too, Selperfuge. I'm glad you guys are feeling the mix.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Thanks, Big Stacks, the mix is excellent.

Thanks, Big Stacks, the mix is excellent.

Thank you, Hertzhog!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    yeeeeaaaaah... you dropped some joints there, Bro Stacks. even rocked my "there was never anyone but you" schitt... been wanting you use that in a mix myself for years, just never got to it. niiiiice mix hommie

yeeeeaaaaah... you dropped some joints there, Bro Stacks. even rocked my "there was never anyone but you" schitt... been wanting you use that in a mix myself for years, just never got to it. niiiiice mix hommie

Thanks for the love, Phill Most Chill!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! Yeah, that has been my song for over 2 decades!!! I've been proppin' it since I've been on the 'Strut, so I had to present it to our masses. I even chopped it up in a joint I produced back in 2001 for my boy E-Nite, when I was in Milwaukee. I had to rep that slow and funky soul shit!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    "Grown folks music" stays in rotation......i can't wait to peep this

"Grown folks music" stays in rotation......i can't wait to peep this

Thanks Ed, I'm glad you liked it!!! I hope you enjoy the latest mix too.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    finally got around to jamming this.

GREAT stuff Big Stacks! all killer no filler.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    been listening to this mix a lot today, thankyou, it will stay in high rotation over here for a long time!
    ps would you mind if i posted this on my blog?

been listening to this mix a lot today, thankyou, it will stay in high rotation over here for a long time!
    ps would you mind if i posted this on my blog?

Thanks Willie Fugal and dL for the love!!! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the music. By the way, dL, where are you located? You referred to "over here" so it sounds like you're overseas (or non-US). By the way, I'd prefer to keep the mix 'Strut-exclusive since this is where I roll (Strut loyalty).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Adelaide South Australia
    way down south

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    dammn link aint working...spewing cus it sounds like Im missing something good....