And as long as we can discount his later-period garbage:
    Rod Stewart

• Hall & Oates

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Boz Scaggs
    Tom Jones
    Rod Stewart
    Hall & Oates

Looks like we're aiming for the 40-something white female / adult contemporary demographic - keep it going! A nation of dentist offices are depending on us!

• mr. bobby caldwell

• mr. bobby caldwell

Hey Phonics, step the fuck back for a second.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

i was gonna post this as a joke, but the title of the thread said soul...but i'l post it anyways...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I've never heard Bobby Caldwell. Does he sound like this?

I am frightened.

I've never heard Bobby Caldwell. Does he sound like this?

I am frightened.

LOL!! Your messin around.

Common sampled him for "The Light" single. It's off of the Cat in The Hat Lp.

not to highjack, but marcossa, do u know about "D"? its a prequel to Company, (by Ram Gopal Varma) i just found out about it recently, haven't checked it yet, but looks good.

• johnny daye, tony joe white, steve colt, wayne cochran, dean parrish, tom jones!

Honorable Mention?

They dropped the bomb @ the Apollo(tv show) w/ "Please Dont Go Girl"
    Cats went crazy!!!!!!

"D"? its a prequel to Company

I think I've heard of it but RGV says:

"It's not a prequel to Company in terms of the characters and the story. But it is a prequel to Company in spirit... it's a development of a character. That's the reason that everyone is assuming this is a prequel to Company. But in reality, the film is not connected to Company at all."

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/01ramu.htm

He also says it's his tribute to the original DEEWAR and all those Big B "angry young man" films of the 70s. DEEWAR is a great flick and has this weird spacy lounge fuzz track called "I'm Falling In Love With a Stranger" that luckily IS on the vinyl soundtrack.

I think a white woman might have sung it, to get back on topic.

Not quite soul but 'could sing.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    johnny daye, tony joe white, steve colt, wayne cochran, dean parrish, tom jones!

alright, some white soul that isn't on the pop/fusion michael franks/boz scaggs tip!!! ((smile))

a couple of others id add to finewine's list above: the magnificent men, the soul survivors

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    van morrison, peter wolf, greg allman

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• ::sonned::

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I've never heard Bobby Caldwell.

Maaaaaan, you keep claiming ignorance on classic shit that Foxy plays day in and day out... you need to change the effing dial bro! Next time you're hearing the Mariah song for the fifth time in a day, roll on up to 104.3 and get familiar with some Frankie Beverly, some Yarborough & Peebles, and some damn Bobby Caldwell. Your growner and sexier future self will thank me for it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Righteous Bros
    (Young) Rascals
    Box Tops

um u guys ever see an artist and go "oh thats what he/she looks like" just cause your head painted the person a different way? i had no idea caldwell was white. not that it matters,but when i saw the pics of him in google i started cracking up, none the less i love "open your eyes" and "do for love"... but another funny revealing was when i was in grade two i though bobby mcferrin was latino cause i had a latino neigbour that sounded like him. this is irrelevant but anyone remember "young black teenagers"? what was the marketing of that name supposed to acheive?

• Boz Scaggs
    Tom Jones
    Rod Stewart
    Hall & Oates

Co-Sign

I like all these guys... esp. H&O and the Boz

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    anyone remember "young black teenagers"? what was the marketing of that name supposed to acheive?

[tangent]ha ha - I think that fact that you questioned it is the right answer.

What was the name of the project that two of those doods from YBT came out with a couple years back? There was a black and white video and the song was alright as far as I can remember.[/tangent]

• I've never heard Bobby Caldwell.

Maaaaaan, you keep claiming ignorance on classic shit that Foxy plays day in and day out... you need to change the effing dial bro! Next time you're hearing the Mariah song for the fifth time in a day, roll on up to 104.3 and get familiar with some Frankie Beverly, some Yarborough & Peebles, and some damn Bobby Caldwell. Your growner and sexier future self will thank me for it.

stupid fag digger trends

• ELTON JOHN AND THOM BELL

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Georgie Fame

anyone remember "young black teenagers"? what was the marketing of that name supposed to acheive?

YBT forsaw the future.