BIGGEST RECORD BUY FUCK-UP’S- on ebay or anywhere

upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
edited August 2005 in Record Collecting
ok, so I fucked up and bought a shitty record on ebay a while ago,...a record discribed as heavy moog/funk Herbie Hancock style breaks ect, a russian release/ title, mid 70??s with dope looking cover too, I'd seen this joint go for mad bank couple of times,...... on a buy-it-now auktion with a much lower price than on previous auktions ($30-40 something I tend to forget...) I lost my cool and confermed the buy/ aka the fuck-up,...and what a muthafucking bigass mistake that was, this turned out to be some cheesy wack ass russian disco record that sucked bigtime!!!Report your biggest fuck-up(s), its never cool to fuck-up, but shit happens...

Comments

• buying the El Topo score, instead of the music inspired by El Topo. other stuff I'm sure.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    buying the El Topo score, instead of the music inspired by El Topo. other stuff I'm sure.

the Shades of Joy record on Douglas 6 is ok, Ive never heard the original ost...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Grady Tate's 'slaves' OST. It looked sooooo dope at the record fair. Ended up trading it to a shop years ago... and every time I've been in there since they STILL have it.

Grady Tate's 'slaves' OST. It looked sooooo dope at the record fair. Ended up trading it to a shop years ago... and every time I've been in there since they STILL have it.

yeah, nice thick laminated gate-fold cover on Skye, does look nice...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    About 1000 records full of short drum breaks, 5 second samples, Fusion, Big Band, etc. that I am now trying to get the hell out of my house and off my floor!

About 1000 records full of short drum breaks, 5 second samples, Fusion, Big Band, etc. that I am now trying to get the hell out of my house and off my floor!

I have much love for those kinda joints, the wackest country record turns into a little nugget if theres a 1 bar on it, never throw too much cash at stuff like that though...

but yeah that shit can take up a whole lotta space...!

• Virtually every corny ass prog album I bought in the early 90's.Meanwhile I was sleeping on everything else...still hurts.

• Options
    Not really a fuck up, but this guy once told me he ha da BEnt Wind LP, so I told him I'd give him a $1000 for it. When I got to his house and he pulled it out, it was Curved Air not BEnt Wind.

"Curved Air, Bent Wind, what's the difference?" (in a Greek accent)

K.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

"Curved Air, Bent Wind, what's the difference?" (in a Greek accent)

classic.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Woman is Sweeter OST on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

• This record was super hyped up to me. I was told it was really good covers of the originals. WRONG. This shit blows! Not to mention that he listed it as NM- and the record was G+ at best.
    Live and learn.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Virtually every corny ass prog album I bought in the early 90's.Meanwhile I was sleeping on everything else...still hurts.

Yet still brandishing the "progbeatz" screen name as an ancient mariner would an albatross.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I had been search.ing for this for a few years, until I found it @ a thrift for a buck, along w/ about 30 other dope records. I was so excited I rushed out the store and called it a day. When I got home I noticed that I it never made it into my stack... needless to I was forced to buy a reissue.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    OUCH! why didnt you just go back??

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Once I bought a Monty Guy album.

::sonned::

• OUCH! why didnt you just go back??

he probably did. you know how it goes ? you pass up a record find out it's worth a lot and OF COURSE it's gone the next time you got there.

i was burned twice into paying 30+ for reissues on ebay. one time the dude was all cool saying I'll send you the original and sent me another reissue !!

the guys name is funkadelic1975 btw.

paid 40 for the lee fields reissue which looks IDENTICAL to the original.

dave

• Once I bought a Monty Guy album.

::sonned::

haha yeah I got burned there too. those records were all over baltimore last time i went there. bought about 4 copies based on pazant brothers alone. didin't pay too much though.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    buying the El Topo score, instead of the music inspired by El Topo. other stuff I'm sure.

i did the same thing! it's still kind of cool, has that dope insert with the big full color photos and shit. it was still kind of fucked because the person listed it as "psych-funk"...i thought it was just some alternate cover.

• spcspc 534 Posts

Crazy coincidence! I'm just watching this movie and making a pause to check soulsrut. He just killed the first master, the jesus looking guy.

where the hell can i see this movie? isnt it mad hard to find? i want to see it bad

• slushslush 691 Posts

Crazy coincidence! I'm just watching this movie and making a pause to check soulsrut. He just killed the first master, the jesus looking guy.

damn wait for the second half homie.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    where the hell can i see this movie? isnt it mad hard to find? i want to see it bad

Ha, this movie came up last night. I loaned it to a friend who turned it off midway.

"man what is up with that movie?"

"what, you didn't like it? It's kind of bugged out"

"maybe I was too loaded or something"

too loaded to watch El Topo?

Young Mackelby, you can order a bootleg DVD from these guys:

http://oddobsession.com/main.htm

where on there can i cop it? thanks by the way

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Just call em up. I did my order that way through them and they were good to deal with. It's a store in Chicago so maybe some other dudes on the board can vouch for them as well.

You can also hit up ebay. I'm pretty sure they sell on there too.

• buying the El Topo score, instead of the music inspired by El Topo. other stuff I'm sure.

i did the same thing! it's still kind of cool, has that dope insert with the big full color photos and shit. it was still kind of fucked because the person listed it as "psych-funk"...i thought it was just some alternate cover.

I want this. I want the Shades of Joy too, but I want the original OST also, just because I love the movie. Anyone wanna sell it for cheap? Or trade it for a Japanese joint?

Peace...

FNM

Oh, and to the fella who loaned it to the girl who didn't dig it. Every girl I've showed this too has thought it was trash. Even artsy types... I just don't get how someone could not appreciate this at all.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Woman is Sweeter OST Eddie Fisher & Next 100 Years LP on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

Woman is Sweeter OST Lou Courtney "What Do You Want Me To Do" LP on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

Woman is Sweeter OST Young Holt Unlimited "Superfly" LP on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

[Woman is Sweeter OST Marlena Shaw Spice of Life LP on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

• Woman is Sweeter OST on eBay that didn't mention it was a reissue.

always wondered this and maybe you can help me guzzo, i have woman is sweeter and the inner sleeve is one of those plastic ones. reissue right? i paid 10 bucks so either way is cool, i just am not sure either way.

i just saw El Topo. most insane movie i have ever seen! im not sure what to say about it. it was just......i dont know.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Yeah so I bought Manfred Mann thinking it was Herbie Mann. I should've known it wasn't the right album - no chest hair on the cover.

j/k.