Face Tats: Yay or Nay??

BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
What do you think??? Too much or Too cool???

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Nay, but neck tattoos freak me out more. Coming up, the only people who had them were skinheads. I know it's way bigger than that now, but I guess I can't shake the association.

I recently saw a guy on the bus with a brand new baby and a brand new neck tattoo "Gloria". They may not be related, but even that act of love seemed so sinister lol

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Really poor life choice.

• No real opinion, but I work with a guy with his head tattooed, and he gets asked about it every single day of his life.

I imagine I would just get sick of that conversation...

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

STEEL PULSE SUPERFAN!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Nay for me, however, a friend of mine has intricate tattoos all up his throat which wouldn't be my life choice but I can admire the work put into them and he's an aspiring rock star so I guess it fits with what he wants to do.
    A guy came up to us in a bar the other day and was all excited about these throat tats and kept on telling us he had one tattoo and it was on his butt.

Without any prompting he insisted on showing us it and, I kid you not, he had a W inked on each cheek.

SMH.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Nay

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Really poor life choice.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Yay?

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Yay?

He should tattoo "Me don't want pussy" across his forehead.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the neck shit is as much as a trend as the sleeves nowadays
    i was watching the quebec version of making the band with a rock theme and 2 guys in one of the groups (18 and 27 years old) had the same neck tatoo of an old radio mic

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    face tattoos are awesome, i fully recommend anyone considering one to do it, you will never ever regret it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Neck Tats are downright trendy in L.A. So then I figure NYC MUST have moved on to face tats by now. Right?

I was never really into them, but I met a cute punk rock chick the other day and she had her whole neck tatted up. It looked really hot.

Yay?

He should tattoo "Me don't want pussy" across his forehead.

This has been exposed as fake viral advertising for ray ban.

Still, I doubt it would prevent you from getting laid in Silverlake.

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    face tattoos are awesome, i fully recommend anyone considering one to do it, you will never ever regret it.

This dude said he totally cosigns

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    the neck shit is as much as a trend as the sleeves nowadays
    i was watching the quebec version of making the band with a rock theme and 2 guys in one of the groups (18 and 27 years old) had the same neck tatoo of an old radio mic

Is there an equivalent to the sleeve term? Thinking, "Totally going to get completely turtle-necked."

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Nice work on those eyebrows. They really set off the Earth Crisis font.

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    Yay?

This has been exposed as fake viral advertising for ray ban.

Thank, God.

This dude said he totally cosigns

You kinda just have to respect it when its like that. Its pretty clear hes not following trends or something. Its for sure a lifestyle choice!

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Obligatory Lizard Man pic:

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I always got a kick out of Deshawn Stevensen's "crack head" tattoo:

• BreezBreez 1,706 Posts
    Obligatory Lizard Man pic:

Lizard Man just has issues.

So does this virgin.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I actively discriminate against people with face tattoos.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

this is like one of those magic eye optical illusions - her nose appears way bigger on the crisis side.

• Options
    Never on the face, neck, or hands (employability R).

Good for you if you can get goofy-ass tattoos on questionable areas of your carcass and STILL live comfortably.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

this is like one of those magic eye optical illusions - her nose appears way bigger on the crisis side.

I thought that was a chick but the hair line is like, receding. Feminine guy?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    To each their own.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

I thought that was a chick but the hair line is like, receding. Feminine guy?

I assumed it was a guy which was why the sculptured eyebrows were a bit surprising (given his otherwise "tough" appearance).

• Options
    EARTH CRISIS!!!!

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    To each their own.

word.
    but one thing that really bugs me, and i run into this alot, is people who have full sleeve / neck tatoos and then get defensive when you ask them about it?
    If you didnt want to dispay it or didnt anticipate having to explain it for the rest of your life, then yeah...it was a bad life choice.