Red Sox vs White Sox

Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
edited April 2010 in Strut Central
never owned a pair of red sox

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    rocking some red argyle joints presently...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

He's a fucking bum.

B/W

Been a White Sox fan all my life (which is strange cause I'm born and raised in Philly...)

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    shit is straight ketchup
    hall of fame do the dna analysis you'll come up with tomato

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Repping the White Sox, South Paws and the South Side like it needs to be done!

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Now one CANT be a White Sox and Cubs fan right?

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan for life. both these teams are playing like shit right now though.

as far as apparel goes...i prefer to wear the white.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

That's right. Pick one or none.

Can one be a Yankee and Met fan??

Back in the day the answer to that was an emphatic NO!!

Exactly. That has always been a No-No, but I have seen Dominican dudes jump ship and route for Pedro Martinez. U cant be Sox fan and then be a Mets fan........shit just seems mad foul ball..IMO.

I have a picture of myself as a child in Mets Gear circa '74/75. My first glove was a Tom Seaver Glove, but when I was old enuff to pick my own team I was a Yankee dude.

Exactly. That has always been a No-No, but I have seen Dominican dudes jump ship and route for Pedro Martinez. U cant be Sox fan and then be a Mets fan........shit just seems mad foul ball..IMO.

I have a picture of myself as a child in Mets Gear circa '74/75. My first glove was a Tom Seaver Glove, but when I was old enuff to pick my own team I was a Yankee dude.

Growing up it seemed that Ex-Brooklyn Dodger fans became Met fans. The Mets dominated Brooklyn, Queens and Lonk Guyland while the Yanks were Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island and anything North.

The Mets had lots of gimmicks to try to lure new fans to a new, and crappy team.

My favorite was The Banner Day Double Header where fans were allowed to parade their banners around the field in between games.

As far as your Dominican buddies, some night when I've had one beer too many I'll explain the slang used in my neighborhood called the "Puerto Rican Fishermen".

Growing up it seemed that Ex-Brooklyn Dodger fans became Met fans. The Mets dominated Brooklyn, Queens and Lonk Guyland while the Yanks were Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island and anything North.

The Mets had lots of gimmicks to try to lure new fans to a new, and crappy team.

My favorite was The Banner Day Double Header where fans were allowed to parade their banners around the field in between games.

As far as your Dominican buddies, some night when I've had one beer too many I'll explain the slang used in my neighborhood called the "Puerto Rican Fishermen".

My buddy says that a gang of old Black folk aligned themselves with the Mets because of Jackie Robinson/Dodgers and that the Yankees were late to the party when it comes to intergration.

My buddy says that a gang of old Black folk aligned themselves with the Mets because of Jackie Robinson/Dodgers and that the Yankees were late to the party when it comes to intergration.

I think they also got some of the old NY Giant fans too since their first season was played at the old Polo Grounds.

I think they also got some of the old NY Giant fans too since their first season was played at the old Polo Grounds.

No doubt. I didnt know the NY/SF Giants were only here a year.

No doubt. I didnt know the NY/SF Giants were only here a year.

I wasn't clear...it was the Met's first season at the Polo Grounds, Giants were there for a while.