Me and You and Everyone We Know (NRR)

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
anyone seen this yet? me and my girl saw it last night, left the theatre feeling $9 well spent. we both woke up laughing, talking about it. go see this...

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    ))>((

Back and forth... forever.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I was just reading the message boards on imdb.com on this movie. I'm surprised, but not shocked at how many people hated this movie. That's why I follow my instincts on movies. Fuck a critic, just because you step into your local indie film house doesn't make you an expert 2b4gotten.

I dug the film a lot. It's not going to be an all-time favorite, but it was worth my matinee fare.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that "back and forth, forever" shit was maybe the funniest thing i've seen all year. the girl who wrote and directed that used to play music with one of morocco_mole's old girlfriends. brilliant film.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Yeah, I thought this was great. So many quotes. So many subtle things worth revisiting. A perfect companion/counterpoint to Todd Solondz's films. Miranda July is great. And, as a friend of mine pointed out, keep in mind that this is still just her first feature.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ))>((

this was hilarious. definitely a good flick, but i thought some parts were too endearing, like she kind of forced the tenderness. but definitely worthwhile overall.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    funny thing is, that's all her. she's totally just like that in real life. i know 'cause i read that somewhere (just kidding). but seeing her live thing more than once, it's weird to see it made in to a full length feature. props to her.

• very cool movie. don't know if i totally "got" it, but there were lots of enjoyable moments.
    recommended for sure.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    favorite movie of the year so far (although that's not sayin much?)

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    ))>((

I was hurting from that part...worth it for that scene alone. Great flick.

• favorite movie of the year so far (although that's not sayin much?)

i know what you mean - this year has been rough.

shitey movies i've seen so far just this summer alone:
    fantastic four
    last days
    hustle & flow

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I haven't seen too many movies I haven't liked, but I haven't been out for much either.

Batman Begins was the worst of them and even it was a'ight. Me And You... is definitely the best, I think.

• The music was done by Michael Andrews (A.K.A. Elgin Park) of Greyboy Allstars (Guitarist) and Donnie Darko fame. Nicely done ambient Robert Wyatt/Eno-esque electronic score done with Casio keyboards and other cheap stuff. Got a 3 star rating in Rolling Stone this month. Check it out on Everloving records.

• i'd like to see it but unfortunatly my town's theatre's have willy wonka and the chocolate factory and crap like that. no art house theatres in most cities in this country. guess i have to wait til it goes on dvd.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I thought this movie was great. Especially the two brothers. Awesome.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    i'd like to see it but unfortunatly my town's theatre's have willy wonka and the chocolate factory and crap like that. no art house theatres in most cities in this country. guess i have to wait til it goes on dvd.

Damb! Reminds me of being in the midwest when we used to have to drive an hour to the big city just to see a good movie. Aren't you in the mid west/east?