• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I swear I would have sworn you would have been up on dude, Batmon...

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

I swear I would have sworn you would have been up on dude, Batmon...

I didnt know he made that shit.

I know dude was doin his thang in the 80's, but i dont own any of his albums.

I got a handfull of shit like that Whitney type shit, but i wanted to know the "other' bangers....u know.

Hidden Album Digger Tracks.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Yeah, I have to agree with Cos here - you're probably the last dude on here I'd expect to be asking about Kashif.

I liked his first album, but he never really convinced me as a recording artist. I tended to prefer the stuff he did with/for other people. He was one of those dudes like Freddie Jackson (who I always thought he sounded like) who sold a shitpile of records but got shunted into the sidings, artistically speaking, when hip-hop and new jack swing took over.

This is quite possibly my favourite production/song of his. Never fails to lift my mood whenever I hear it.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Yeah, I have to agree with Cos here - you're probably the last dude on here I'd expect to be asking about Kashif.

I liked his first album, but he never really convinced me as a recording artist. I tended to prefer the stuff he did with/for other people. He was one of those dudes like Freddie Jackson (who I always thought he sounded like) who sold a shitpile of records but got shunted into the sidings, artistically speaking, when hip-hop and new jack swing took over.

Doc,

I agree. First album is great. You can play that album all day and enjoy it, but I always thought he was better as a producer.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

This is quite possibly my favourite production/song of his. Never fails to lift my mood whenever I hear it.

yep... one of my fave early 80's producers, almost up there with Chic

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    almost up there with Chic

BOLD. He was kinda runnin' the R&B sound until Flyte Time showed up, I'll give you that.

Doc cosine on the Howard Johnson "Keepin' Love New". There's also a track of his called "Knees" (I think it was a B side on a 12 around this time) with some nice dramatic synth bass which vies with this in my private mind garden as his best work.