dudes that take their dates to record stores

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited March 2010 in Strut Central
now that the weather is better, there are like 3 of these a day..hold my $4 coffee while i paruse the bins of music i know nothing about in some futile attempt to show i'm interesting enough to have sex with."ooohhhh. bob dylan, yeeahhh, i actually prefer his instrumental albums."this shit needs to stop in a quick way.

Comments

• record shopping is something i never do with my girl or even friends who aren't as interested in records as me cause they end up getting bored quickly and it just becomes a drag.

do these dudes actually buy records or is it all just a charade?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If yall had a ramp instead of stairs i'd bring Bernadette up in that place.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    usually not. maybe a dollar copy of paula abdul for her.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    If yall had a ramp instead of stairs i'd bring Bernadette up in that place.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dudes think you're joking. That "I prefer instrumental Dylan" shit was a real quote.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    WOW. I DID think you were joking.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Listen man record dudes can be worse shopaholics than their clothes addicted chicks. Or there's those male shopaholics too!
    They just have to go into places and shop.
    This dude that was talking about to you about Dylan having made instrumentals sounds like an idiot though.

When you are seriously trying to find something you shouldn't force anyone else to come with you unless they're willing, lady or friend or whatever. And even then if they do go with you it's competition and you could end up getting pissed at your friend if they find some shit before you.

• Dudes think you're joking. That "I prefer instrumental Dylan" shit was a real quote.

I'm intrigued. How many of these albums do you stock??

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Dudes think you're joking. That "I prefer instrumental Dylan" shit was a real quote.

are you sure it wasn't an attempt at charming dry wit?

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts
    i once heard a story about a guy bringin his kid record shoppin for hours. guy who told me said he was diggin for about an hour left to get a meal and that, came back spent another hour. the whole time this poor 5 yr old kid is there practically ignored by his dad.
    ive kept my missus waiting in record shops longer than id like to admit but if i ever get like that someone slap me!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    i once heard a story about a guy bringin his kid record shoppin for hours. guy who told me said he was diggin for about an hour left to get a meal and that, came back spent another hour. the whole time this poor 5 yr old kid is there practically ignored by his dad.

I seem to remember a record digging video posted here that illustrated a very similar scenario.

• JusMeJusMe 68 Posts

I seem to remember a record digging video posted here that illustrated a very similar scenario.

its nasty stuff! id say most of us have done things were not proud of when records were involved but ignoring your kid like that is too much

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    I used to send my girl to the record store to pick stuff up for me.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    you guys need to come to berlin on a sunday to get schooled..
    "i prefer the instrumental dylan" sounds like a perfect dating plan to me.

My girl is a bit of an op shop fiend herself. When we were first dating she used to call me randomly at work and read out records she had pulled out that looked like they would be cool. She found some cool things for me.

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    If the date is interested, then a record shop pit stop is fine. But I feel like if a guy has to stop by the wrecka sto on the way to dinner, that would be like girlie stopping by the shoe store to see what's on sale. Both are . Unless it's a mutual interest, dates are about getting to know one another and not about your insatiable desire to collect Dylan instrumentals.

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Dylan instrumentals.

Earth to Almond, there is no such thing as a Dylan instrumental, hence the preposterousness of the customers apparent statement.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Wait...I'm thinking of something...lemme look through the records...actually, there is a Dylan instrumental! Kind of. Anyone ever listen to the Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid Soundtrack? I really love this soundtrack, by the way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Garrett_%26_Billy_the_Kid_%28album%29

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

its nasty stuff! id say most of us have done things were not proud of when records were involved but ignoring your kid like that is too much

eh, I think you're a little too worried about "the children."

kids can kill time better than anyone, and spend plenty of time doing nothing.

when I was a kid my Dad dragged me around while he hit used book stores and record shops.

it's a big reason I like used book stores and record shops today.

• its nasty stuff! id say most of us have done things were not proud of when records were involved but ignoring your kid like that is too much

eh, I think you're a little too worried about "the children."

kids can kill time better than anyone, and spend plenty of time doing nothing.

when I was a kid my Dad dragged me around while he hit used book stores and record shops.

it's a big reason I like used book stores and record shops today.

Seriously.

Most kids (and dates) that are waiting for their fathers (or bf) in record stores while they dig are bored out of their skulls... at least all the ones that i've seen.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    being a kid = being bored

being a kid = being bored by almost any kind of shopping that your mum or dad does[/b]

being a kid = being bored by almost any kind of shopping that your mum or dad does[/b]

STILL TRUE TO THIS VERY DAY. THE FOLKS ALWAYS WANTING ME TO GO LOOK AT FURNITURE AND SHITS THAT I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS. I DON'T HAVE THAT MANY YEARS LEFT TO BE "YOUNG" AND I DON'T WANT TO SPEND IT PICKING OUT A NEW TABLECLOTH.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Thriftstores are the answer. She looks through clothes, I look through records and then we have ice-cream.

Then I go back the next day to REALLY have a look.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    hardly a newsflash, but yes there are girls on the planet that enjoy record shopping.

• BeatnicholasBeatnicholas 1,005 Posts
    Dylan instrumentals.

Earth to Almond, there is no such thing as a Dylan instrumental, hence the preposterousness of the customers apparent statement.

"non stop bangin like a dylan instrum-ental."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Ok guys nobody said girls don't like records.

Lots of girls come into the shop and buy records, sometimes even with their boyfriends.

What Tom is talking about is dudes who take their first date disinterested chick in, trying to floss their knowledge and coolness and they don't really know shit about shit.