TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've finally got revenge on DocMcCoy for his insistence many moons ago that Park was nothing more than bench-warmer at Man Ure. (mocking my Evra/Park avatar-R)

Heh. Have to respond to this.

When I made that crack, I was thinking more of the popular perception of Park amongst United fans in my circle, which is/was that he's alright, but not really that much cop. Mind you, they were saying something similar about Darren Fletcher about three or four seasons ago. They're a fickle bunch.

Personally, I've always found Park's industry to be quite an admirable characteristic. He's similar to how Vladimir Smicer used to be for us; a hard worker who'd run through walls for the team. Not a star performer, but talented nevertheless, and capable of grabbing the odd crucial goal. So it was on Sunday.

In other news, I see Rafa's first-rate man-management skills and long-term vision for the team is continuing to pay a rich dividend.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    take on the whole defence himself

They call it HERO TIME. The kind of thing Maradonna would have a pop at.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

See the goal vs Real en route.

In the modern game there aren't many goals scored of 'Maradona calibre'... although Senior's observations about our inability to put in a decent tackle and the imminent games against Messi could change all of that.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

See the goal vs Real en route.

In the modern game there aren't many goals scored of 'Maradona calibre'... although Senior's observations about our inability to put in a decent tackle and the imminent games against Messi could change all of that.

Hell I still think that Arsenal have a chance. All you need is young Bendtner to remember where the goalposts are that day and get an early strike, then hit them on the counter with a decent display from Theo. While still incredible, Messi against top opposition is not the same as Messi against a wank La Liga defence, Ibrahimovic is poo and I'm still suspicious about how good that team is chasing a goal. I'll be rooting for you. Just don't watch this too much before hand.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i think ibreahimovic will show up for that game
    and barca's D>arsenal D

but it will be a great series

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    If you're going to post in the Brit thread you're not allowed to refer to defense as 'D'.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    If you're going to post in the Brit thread you're not allowed to refer to defense as 'D'.

DEFENSE?

DE-f*cking-FENS[/b]E?

BAN[/b]

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    I meant to put a hyphen in between 'de' and 'fense'.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I'd prefer if United got to play Arsenal in another Euro-series rather than the Champions League play-off.

I'd say that's curtains for Mancini.

Jose por favor!

Was there more than this?

I think it tops the Yozza/Wenger "Give us the ball back" interface.

I'd say that's curtains for Mancini.

Jose por favor!

On the plus side, at least you're not drawing every game anymore.

Surely they're going to give Mancini at least one summer of bringing in the players he actually wants and getting rid of the chaff like Santa Cruz?

IMHO It's not really the coach that's the issue, it's the lack of desire from many of the starters. This is what did Yozza in and will be the demise of Mancini. We have to cull the bottlers and slackers. Bellers and Tevez aside, natch.

Ireland, Bridge, Adebayor, SWP and dem.

You must go to Stoke and Hull and host Everton and expect to win. Un*ted just don't struggle in this respect - they go there and the business is done. I think only Berbatov drags his heels, otherwise the big Red machine continues unabated. They will be worthy champions, no contest here.

Mancini has not been given a Summer window, true, but Jose is in that window. You snooze, you lose. I think if Jose is on board, it might be what we need to attract the better players.

Because it sure as f*ck won't be the promise of CL footy next year

HERO TIME.

b/w

why does this sound familiar?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/mar/25/plan-b-darkest-place

I'm thinking maybe so, maybe no.

i think ibreahimovic will show up for that game

Ibhaimovic Champion's League knockout stage record:

Played 18
    Scored 1

Against Stuttgart.

Steaming pile of poop.

HERO TIME.

b/w

Can't download it at work - any steaming option available? While not likely to make me run out and purchase his music I thought his previous song was an unexpected mix of pop cheese and RATM early nineties angst which was rather novel. Is this Maybe So in a good way or bad way?

IMHO It's not really the coach that's the issue, it's the lack of desire from many of the starters. This is what did Yozza in and will be the demise of Mancini. We have to cull the bottlers and slackers. Bellers and Tevez aside, natch.

Ireland, Bridge, Adebayor, SWP and dem.

You must go to Stoke and Hull and host Everton and expect to win. Un*ted just don't struggle in this respect - they go there and the business is done. I think only Berbatov drags his heels, otherwise the big Red machine continues unabated. They will be worthy champions, no contest here.

Mancini has not been given a Summer window, true, but Jose is in that window. You snooze, you lose. I think if Jose is on board, it might be what we need to attract the better players.

Because it sure as f*ck won't be the promise of CL footy next year

Yeah agreed there does seem to be a problem with getting the team to perform week in week out at the highest level (I have no doubt that this won't be an issue when we play you) and it definitely seems like a knock on effect of too many players playing for themselves - no central heart to the team, Tevez excepted.

I would imagine they're modelling themselves on Chelsea's instant success after purchasing but I think (ignoring the obvious effect of Jose's gift at creating an US and Them mentality) they lack a centre to build the team round. As much as it pains me I have to admit that Fwank and Terry gave the Chelsea team a core that Citeh are currently lacking.

Sure. Chelsea were pretty close to the finished article under Ranieri. They had quality there well before Roman turned up. Talmbout Zola, Vialli, Rude Guilty repping. They were top 4 or thereabouts back then, no? The side you see today have had at least 10 years on a solid base.

The current City side is based on a winter, a summer and a winter transfer window - starting with no standout gamewinners. Paul Dickov ffs. Robbie and the money came on the last day of 2008's Summer window.

I think the club are still some way off attracting the very top players, regardless of the wages on offer. And you need very top players to win the CL. No doubt.

Can't download it at work - any steaming option available? While not likely to make me run out and purchase his music I thought his previous song was an unexpected mix of pop cheese and RATM early nineties angst which was rather novel. Is this Maybe So in a good way or bad way?

I guess it's the angle of white dood does hip-hop/gritty urban music (DJ Haircut), makes little headway, so switches to soulful sound hoping that showing his softer, sensitive side will bring in the moolah (Mayer Hawthorne).

I was semi-interested in Jamie T doing his acoustic rap thing (as in, if I heard on the radio I wouldn't rush to change the dial), and now just interested to see if this change is as positive for him as it was for Hawthorne (I'd never heard of DJ Haircut until people started referring to Hawthorne as "he used to be...").

Did Everlast tread the same path?
    Marky Mark?
    Gareth Gates? (Stutter Rap - Morris Minor & Teh Majors)

Jose por favor!

Be good to see him back, and there would be a genuine change to the current Man U/Chelsea duopoly I reckon.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    And you need very top players to win the CL. No doubt.

Ah, such innocent, carefree times.

I do not speak of such journeymen as well you know.

And you need very top players to win the CL. No doubt.

Ah, such innocent, carefree times.

Pele reckoned Nicky Butt was one of the best players at the World Cup bitd.

Shit, I forgot we already did Barca away in that season-opener. Dunne repping. Maybe we have the quality already.

LOL.

LFC rode their luck all the way that year. It was destiny. Didn't Zidane say Stevie G was the best player in the world before this season?

That Un*ted squad had Beckham and Keane at their peaks and took no shit off anybody. You could see a goal coming at the end with the inevitability of a comet about to strike the Earth.

T3h Baby-faced Assassin? did his knee for keeps doing that sliding celebration.

Pele reckoned Nicky Butt was one of the best players at the World Cup bitd.

LOL, great great player but he does talk some shit.

Yeah Jimster, Keane wasn't able to play in the final (same with Scholes) but apart from that we did have a lot of quality as all the greats were just coming of age. We also spawned it massively as Bayern were the better team for 80 minutes of the match and should have put the game to bed. I think it's also pretty fair to say that Milan lost the final against Liverpool rather than the Anfield boys winning it though I do remember Traore being like a man reborn for the second half.

Occasional whitewashes aside, it seems that luck is as big a factor as anything in winning the thing.

Senior, as a dnb head, what do you think of this track steptoe. Undecided as to whether I should kop or not.

b/w

Skel on hols? Been trying to think of a suitable gift in return for his chud, but he hasn't been here for a few days.

Senior, as a dnb head, what do you think of this track steptoe. Undecided as to whether I should kop or not.

b/w

Skel on hols? Been trying to think of a suitable gift in return for his chud, but he hasn't been here for a few days.

Keeping in mind that most of my points of reference are around ten years old - I think it's not bad. One side seems to be jazzy dnb on a creative source tip - the other side sounds like dubstep to me but then I no longer know where one genre ends and another begins. Because I am old. Not sure if it has a wow factor but certainly not unpleasant.

I believe Mr Skel is off looking after things as another heir to his Record Shed and Wizard ball prepares to enter this cold cold world. I can PM you his other email address if you don't already have it?

I no longer know where one genre ends and another begins. Not sure if it has a wow factor but certainly not unpleasant.

I've plugged my laptop into the hifi to listen to it, and the bassline is very nice, but my major complaint with this, and most post-oldskool, would be that it doesn't brokk out at any point. If this had been made in '96, at soooome point in the song I would've expected to hear some amens drop in for a few seconds to add emphasis every few bars, an echo drop, and then some filtered funky mule underpinning the main half-time break after the reggae sample. In short it's good, but never really delivers.

I believe Mr Skel is off looking after things as another heir to his Record Shed and Wizard ball prepares to enter this cold cold world. I can PM you his other email address if you don't already have it?

Easter Hols and kid stuff. I'd been thinking about putting together a quick compilation cd as thanks for chud, and after pulling out some old '60s & '70s (psyche, spiritual jazz, etc), it dawned on me that he may well have heard all of it already, and wondered if I'd have more luck trying to school him on some modern sounds. I think I've got his work email somewhere though, but thanks.