iPhone apps that would be better on iPad (work-r)

DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
edited February 2010 in Strut Central
I've been charged here at work with researching a story about which iPhone/iPod Touch apps would be better on the iPad. Naturally, I haven't used any of those devices--because why assign this to somebody with working knowledge of the devices in question, right?--so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here. So I figured I'd throw the question over to the Strut braintrust because:1) Y'all are mad opinionated2) A bunch of y'all are techies and such and know this stuff3) I get to claim that surfing the Strut is work-relatedHelp a Strutter out if you can!

Comments

• Right off the bat, the first things that come to mind are the graphing calculator apps, any design/photo editing apps...there's a virtual desktop app that lets me view and manipulate my computer at home w/software installed on it. i almost never use it because it's annoying trying to view my home computer screen on the iphone's small screen, but on an ipad it could potentially be really useful.

the app Evernote is a great note-taking/organizing app, and would be much better on the iPad (except that you can use the iphone's camera to take picture notes...)

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This one in particular is a great one:

there's a virtual desktop app that lets me view and manipulate my computer at home w/software installed on it. i almost never use it because it's annoying trying to view my home computer screen on the iphone's small screen, but on an ipad it could potentially be really useful.

Do you happen to know what that app is called?

Thanks!

• Any of those synth/piano apps.. The keys are way too small on the phone to get busy on em.

• This one in particular is a great one:

there's a virtual desktop app that lets me view and manipulate my computer at home w/software installed on it. i almost never use it because it's annoying trying to view my home computer screen on the iphone's small screen, but on an ipad it could potentially be really useful.

Do you happen to know what that app is called?

Thanks!

http://www.mochasoft.dk/iphone_vnc.htm

there are a bunch of VNC apps though, like this: http://www.jaaduvnc.com/

• willie_fugal said:
    Right off the bat, the first things that come to mind are the graphing calculator apps, any design/photo editing apps...there's a virtual desktop app that lets me view and manipulate my computer at home w/software installed on it.iPad2case
    ipad 2 cases leather
    iPad2 case i almost never use it because it's annoying trying to view my home computer screen on the iphone's small screen, but on an ipad it could potentially be really useful.

the app Evernote is a great note-taking/organizing app, and would be much better on the iPad (except that you can use the iphone's camera to take picture notes...)

Any of those synth/piano apps.. The keys are way too small on the phone to get busy on em.