::::::::::: FIVES ::::::::

lucerolucero 425 Posts
edited August 2005 in Music Talk
The Sauce [/b]

1.[/b] I ordered 'her' (^) LP a few months back from a shop up north, and it finally arrived this week (postmarked 27 july) :: think ya'll know the feeling, best cut is the cover of 'my baby does it to me good', her name is Abigail

2.[/b] played at some slicko local club here at the w/e for a friends 30th .. shit was popping, there must've been at least a dozen speakers in this place, easily the best sound system I've ever played on, great to hear the ol records on such a big system, ended up staying on an extra hour and the manager hit me off with his card for some future gigs

3.[/b] heavy on the rotation tip (still)

think I'm gonna have to holla and get the deluxe CD version .. as the man himself might say, yeah, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah

4.[/b] golf - yep, that odd lil game where you chase a smal white ball around massive fields of grass .. shook the deep-seated reluctance and after a few knocks have found it to be most enjoyable, word!

5.[/b] finally got around to watching 'stone' (on DVD too) - australian biker movie from the 70's .. recommended, loads of great cinematography of the Sydney Hells Angel's doing highway fromation riding, blatting through surburban streets etc etc topped off with a fuzzed out soundtrack

The Source [/b]

1.[/b] got roped into a work 'indoor soccer' tournament last week, and as is always the case copped some nasty bumps and bruises for me troubles. One nasty foul left the left palm bruised like the avocado's I've been getting lately, had to buy some anti inflam tablets before the satdee night gig just to settle ting's down. I'm never going in one of these things again, it felt like I was crippled for 3 days afterwards

2.[/b] need some new needles, there goes another hundy

5 beats 3, the sauce, once again, comes out on top

Comments

• Paid on Friday [/b]

1). my folkers are getting married

2). recent money explosion

3). m-audio monitors.

4). recent good gig explosion

5). Bay Rap

BONUS : KING MOST "I'M SAYIN' THOUGH" MIX-CD DROPPIG MAD SOON !

Working on Saturday [/b]

1). being uncertain of which way to go music wise

2). being burnt out on most of hip-hop right now

6 beats 2

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    1. nyc
    2. nyc
    3. nyc
    4. nyc
    5. nyc

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Paid in FULL...[/b]

1. Full time salary gig with Ticketmaster Design team starts Monday

2. Just made rent once again... damn that was close

3. still getting more freelance work so cashflow should pick way up soon

4. back on the beat machine now that I don't have to use all free time for work

5. hanging with Jinx, Shig and Daze ... good times indeed

6. Vanguard Squad 001 is pretty much sold out at this point... that was quick!!

Laid in Stool...[/b]

1. the apt. only has 1 AC unit in the living room... it's gettin' hot in 'eeer

2. new job won't pay till the end of the month so the hustle continues

-----

6 > 2

yay

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Top Five

Two weeks in Tokyo

Ichiban - Family and Friends in Tokyo: Shout out to Sheep and Muro
    Niban - Food in Tokyo
    Sanban - BLAZIN' HOT girls in Tokyo
    Yonban - Shopping in Tokyo
    Goban - Summer in Tokyo

Bottom Five

1. Had to leave Tokyo, back in Seattle
    2. Had to leave Tokyo, back in Seattle
    3. Had to leave Tokyo, back in Seattle
    4. Had to leave Tokyo, back in Seattle
    5. Had to leave Tokyo, back in Seattle

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    1. nyc
    2. nyc
    3. nyc
    4. nyc
    5. nyc

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Hahaha

He really took a bite out of the big apple

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

1. the apt. only has 1 AC unit in the living room... it's gettin' hot in 'eeer

jeah.

this 5 AM strut posting brought to you by "no a/c in the new apartment in brooklyn" and by "too hot to fucking sleep."

• Bottoms up i'm afraid...

Damn- we're in a tight spot![/b]

1[/b] A guy who lives in my house (student spot) has gone psychotic and is convinced i'm out to destroy his life. Cue serious deaththreats and general menace. Police is on coll and am working with my landlord to get him evicted. Can't live in my own home at the moment and am staying with my gf

2[/b] Trying to find a job. Broke as fuck and feeling pretty purposeless

3[/b] Sister got diagnosed w/ a severe "early" personality disorder in combination with borderline syndrome. And we were thinking she had a hard to cure eating disorder.

4[/b] Computer broke down a few days ago, which leaves me hassling friends or paying mad loot at internet spots.

Don't mess with the dude... man[/b]

1[/b] My girlfriend.

2[/b] Good books i've been reading: "Love saves the day: a history of American Dance Music Culture", James Frey's "My Friend Leonard" and more.

3[/b] Periods of transition are always worth the shitstorm within in my opinion

4[/b] Last but not least: finally got the time to listen to LOADS of music.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    The Good

- making money doing what i love (music and graphic design)

- hella good movies this summer

- amazing girl

- good music

- rocking the spot again

- summer chronic

The Bad

- going back to school in a minute

- all my close homies graduated last semester

- paying off mad lawyer fees finally (this could be good i guess, but i hate dropping wads of cash on shit i can't enjoy)

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    The bien:[/b]

1. got a cool ass chick

2. Chillin with Asprin, Jinx and Shig and buying bay urrea gangster rackords

3. Herm gon' be in town for the weekend

4. new mac mouse that I'm gonna go buy today

5. THIS ...project I've been working like a hebrew slave on, finally done and we're getting it in stores slowly.

The mal:[/b]

1. The amount of work it's taking to promote #5 up there...shit is TAXING

2. Job ending soon due to reorganization, no really good sounding prospects in sight...fuckin sucks

3. rented a car this past weekend...spilled an 8-person serving of ravioli in the back seat because the lady at the restaurant put it in a shitty box that tipped over. Had to pay $50 for another serving, plus had to hose out the rental car and Febreze the fuck out of it for a day. Still smelled like italian food in there and they still haven't charged my card which makes me think they're trying to figure out if I fucked up the car or not and if they can charge me for it. good thing the upholstry was black...ha.

(good side note: my girl called up the restaurant and got all "oh no you DIDn't" with them for making us pay for the second one and they're refunding half.)

GOOD WINS ...HA

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    tops

1. finally outta my dating slump, whew! I was gettin worried...she is even giving me her raers!(get your mind outta the gutter, she has digitized her records and getting rid of them)
    2. still living the easy life of only working 15 hours a week and I still havent touched my savings yet.
    3. it was hot for awhile, but it cooled off..a little, it is actually tolerable now.
    4. We have an all Memphis soul night planned, with guest DJ Chase 1 from Memphix...a whole night of nothing but Memphis raers, lookin forward to it.
    5. Horace Silver

dont care 'bout no bottoms(unless they are on some sturdy)

• 3. Herm gon' be in town for the weekend

better start doing your kegals.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    3. Herm gon' be in town for the weekend

better start doing your kegels.

!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

1. got a cool ass chick: Herm gon' be in town for the weekend

3. new mac mouse that I'm gonna go buy today

4. THIS ...project I've been working like a hebrew slave on, finally done and we're getting it in stores slowly.

I only count four...

• The mal:[/b]

Job ending soon due to reorganization, no really good sounding prospects in sight...fuckin sucks

Wait...didn't you just win Employee of the Month or some shit? What ever happened to peace loyalty? Hope you're getting a fat severance.

• The mal:[/b]

Job ending soon due to reorganization, no really good sounding prospects in sight...fuckin sucks

Wait...didn't you just win Employee of the Month or some shit? What ever happened to peace loyalty? Hope you're getting a fat severance.

Check his "the mal" #3. That 8-person ravioli WAS his severance.

1. got a cool ass chick: Herm gon' be in town for the weekend

3. new mac mouse that I'm gonna go buy today

4. THIS ...project I've been working like a hebrew slave on, finally done and we're getting it in stores slowly.

I only count four...

HA

The mal:[/b]

yeah but it's due to a whole department (mine) being reorganized and centralized...3 of us are getting gone. Trying to find a good lateral move right now so i can stay with the company.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Nobu's 'New Sashimi'[/b]

1. Going back to Cali -- free hotel room at PLAZA w/ free room service

2. Lots of money (for me)

3. Rescheduled second vacation to Maine next week

4. About to order a steak sandwhich

Ecoli Burger From BK[/b]

1. no sleep last night due to heat exhaustion

2. fear of flying and no xanex (can someone hook a neurotic up?)

3. Laundry won't be done by tomorrow for the flight

4. Steak sandwhich will give me heartburn

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    King Sun with the Sword[/b]

1. I finally have a website of my very own (complete with snazzy live mix snippet).

2. I'm starting to get the hang of this audio engineering thing, and my beats are sounding all the better for it.

3. If there were ever a good time to be unemployed, this is it. Nothing like having nice, sunny days all to yourself.

4. I've got a bunch of visits from homies on the horizon.

5. New mix CD ever so close to being released!

Undercover Lover[/b]

1. My building manager is taking his sweet fucking time fixing the leaking toilet that's driving up my water bill.

2. Whacked my knee pretty good when my foot slipped while walking around on Indian Rock, so I haven't been able to go running for about a week.

3. Bush thinks we should be teaching intelligent design in school. Great. As long as you're doing your part to make sure our next generation is stupid, why don't you demand that magic be given "equal time" with physics lessons?

4. When did it get so pricey to fly to NYC, even on JetBlue?

5. My downstairs neighbor is all fucked up due to exposure to Agent Orange when he was in Vietnam. That doesn't have anything to do with me, but I really feel bad for the guy.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Modern Soul[/b]

1. Havin' lunch with Big Chan and his wife here in Tokyo... coool peeps and good to speak english again! The lady at the tempura restaurant was screwface!

2. Getting over my bout of depression/homesickness (thanks for the advice strutters)

3. Jumpin' back out in the field again after a brief hiatus and disovering a handful of JAPANESE BANGERS... + FACE MELTERS!

4. Charlie Munroe - Eastern Horizons (a holy grail of Aussie jazz might be off the wants list very soon!!)

5. Making plans to visit my hommmie Kenny in Hong Kong and check out the city (wax, shoes, electronics, chicken + Hong Kong Disneyland!)

5.5 Freestyle Professors EP - Japanese reissue!

Free Jazz[/b]

1. Getting worked up abd feelin' depressed when I should be enjoying life

2. 11 more days till I turn 30

3. Ebay sales, takes up MAD time packing and takin' risks in stores (doubles of hot domestic records in Japan don't come cheap)

4. More records, less space, less money

5. I miss Australia

• Minty Fresh LP[/b]
    1. I think my ear's getting better.
    2. Taking a week off from work to chill and roadtripping up to Maine with my cousin.
    3. My pops cut a demo with his blues band
    4. My friend just moved to Philly, so I've got a place to crash there now.
    5. Living in the greatest city on earth.

Blood on the TP[/b]
    1. ^ yeah, that. Starting to freak me out. I think I need to invest in some wet-ones.
    2. ear's still not 100% better.
    3. NYC is expen$$$ive, not to mention loud, filthy, and nerve-wracking with all this terrorist bullshit, and unless I find a new job or my pay doubles, I think I want out.

• Awesome[/b]

01. the full-time job i was being offered which i thought had fallen through has now turned into an official part-time job. i'm pretty stoked about this as it'll be a good way to ease my way out of doing freelance design and into a full-time design gig (but still get to do some freelancing on the side).

02. getting more work accomplished before i get dressed in the morning than some people will get done all day.

03. my first full-page ad i designed for n*** on the back of the brand new issue of vapors magazine. it's pretty surreal to see my work somewhere huge like that. i mean, vapors isn't huge or anything, but it's way cooler than seeing it on my computer.

04. djing for a likkle bit friday night at my favorite monthly night in portland.

05. bbqing on sunday.

06. graemlinmania 2005!

Not so awesome[/b]

01. not looking forward to minneapolis winters.

6 > 1.

• water from the stream

1.about to go camping, get the fuck outta the city and get up with nature

2. my workcrew highschool kids got featured on goodday philly this week and a 4 page daily news layout + we almost through summer outreach in the heatwave madness

3.bout to go up to vermont with handpicked philly youthworkers.watchoutnate

4.picked up he's coming at local record store for $15 on store credit. a miraculous feat in these days of internet focused shops.

5.2 of my coworkers just got their proposal accepted from the philly water dept. they get a huge empty lot for 99 years to turn into an urban farm for food production. this, my friends, is what its all about right now.

roofwater

1. that PA teeball coach who paid a player $25 to bean the retarded kid in the head. wow. so fucked up, i almost had to put it in the top 5s.

2. when i went on vacation, my boss got a parking ticket on my van for EVERYDAY that i was gone. all in different spots. best believe hes gonna pay that shit, but daaam

3.i thin k my records might all melt in this heatwave. i wake up every morning to the radio saying there is heat alerts and shit

4. speaking of radio, NPR interludes are getting ill. i heard some afrobeat and some conmen tape material this morning. public radio is deeper than me. i feel ::sonned::

5.bush, bolton, ohio elections: ever week, new lows in this country

im feeling this heat though. i aint got no AC either...fuck the bullshit!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    2. when i went on vacation, my boss got a parking ticket on my van for EVERYDAY that i was gone. all in different spots. best believe hes gonna pay that shit, but daaam

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fuck the philly parking authority.

• FIVERTICULOSIS[/b]

1 - This is my last day of work. I have an exit interview at 10 and I leave a little before 3.

2 - My bachelor party is tonight. It's being planned/thrown by two old friends who have kept all but two details from me. I know where I'm supposed to be at 6:45 and that I have to wear a suit. BRANG IT.

3 - I've been hittin' the gym lately and working with a personal trainer and I'm feeling great and already seeing results.

4 - I'm getting married next Saturday and 99+% of everything is taken care of, right down to dinner reservations for the honeymoon in Sonoma (No Crink/No Offense, Jeff!). I'm really looking forward to everything and no, I'm not "getting nervous."

5 - My hotshit new job kicks off just days after the honeymoon with a one-week trip to Peru.

NO BOTTOM FIVES[/b]

• GO ROSS!

4 - I'm getting married next Saturday

CONGRATULATIONS man

• 4 - I'm getting married next Saturday

CONGRATULATIONS man

Thanks!

I just feel bad for DJ Neta.

4 - I'm getting married next Saturday

CONGRATULATIONS man

Thanks!

I just feel bad for DJ Neta.

?...you an alcoholic or something? you ARE huh? and you were just projecting in that other thread...woooow