Throwing my cards on the table (jobrelated)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited July 2009 in Strut Central
I just resigned from my job. I just became freelance, starting with an 8 month job that pays less than what I make right now, and has no benefits.I am going from a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond.I couldn't be happier.I am uprooting my life in Boston, comfortable though it is, to move to NYC.Will definitely be signing off for a minute in August as this job ramps up. Want to fool them into thinking I actually work at work... RWM, ya know?I'm throwing my cards on the table, and seeing how I stack up in the big leagues.My new employeer: b/w

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Congratulations!

Holler when you get to New York.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Damn, dude! Real world moves indeed. Wifey switching to WNET?

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    right on man. where are you gonna be working out of?

I was just at CBS over at W57th St last week helping with some issues they were having. You working from that office?

-pj

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Good for you. I love to see people putting their personal happiness first. Best of luck!

• Good for you. The kid is going to rest his head in the Rotten Apple. Give me a holla we should link up at some point.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Yeah, PJ, that's gonna be my new place of bidness... Good to know they're an Avid company, as well.

Thanks for the well wishes, y'all. It feels good to take a risk, with longterm rewards in mind. Gonna be tough on the wife, who doesn't know what she's gonna do just yet, but she's in. Glad to have a partner in crime...

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Yeah, PJ, that's gonna be my new place of bidness... Good to know they're an Avid company, as well.

Nice! I dealt mostly with Rob O'Brien in Avid Support there. I guess they do support for the various magazine shows, and hard news. Say whats up to him, if you see him. He's a good dude.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you need any help, Avid-wise.

-pj

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Congrats, man! B-Town will be without our Ironic Hip Hop Captain, but I wish you all the best. DO IT!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Congratz dude. You are very fortunate to have the option to move on right now. You'll kill it.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Glad to have a partner in crime...

The value of that kind of supportive partner cannot be measured.

Congratulations and good luck in the Apple!