Very random Skatemaster Tate price cheque...

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
About three years ago I found and sold a nice mint copy of Skatemaster Tate - A Way Of Life on some really bad set sale that I posted both here and on another internet message board (not waxidermy). I think it was for $15 or $20.Strangely, over the past two years I've probably gotten 6 or 7 different emails from people asking if I still had the record, wanting to buy a copy. Now I've done a number of set sales of records on the internet, and ones on here are completely googleable. With records I dare say better and rarer that that (no diss). But it is only with this record that I get these odd out of the blue emails...are people really "after" this record or are there just some desperate LA skaters and stoners who really want this record back in their life? Are people emailing me because they want to flip this for some money?I'm perplexed.

Comments

• I just checked, and I sold mine VG+ for $24 in '06.
    Who knows.?

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey Br****n

It's not a rare record. I know cats in the skateboard community tend to buy it (just for nosalgic resons being). I don't know..I was never really into hearing his stuff and always found myself f.fowarding the tape when it came to his song.I'm just assuming the above or people that are just Venice Beach/L.A. folks are finding a new found love for it.

Anyways, my 2 cents worth

Sell that ish for $15.00 to $20.00 bucks, max.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I bet it's because he is still going around claiming he co produced Cypress Hill's first LP !