siik

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
The maestro of re-edits and blends b.cause put me onto this dude a few months back and I went on a binge downloading every remix dude has ever done. Not much more to say other than that I feel like everyone who likes 90s/00s R&B should know about this. Apparently dude's remix of Amerie's "1 Thing" got him some 15 minutes of interweb fame but there's so much more than just that. I dunno if dude is on Soulstrut or not but major props. Pretty much every one of these is on constant iPod rotation.Does teh Batmon ride? Herm? Cosmo? Who else is putting out R&B blends/remixes on this level?

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Yes! I did the same thing when I stumbled upon him a few months back too! And now I am a proud subscriber to his blog! But I don't have the Amerie song? Plaese to share??

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    And you KNOW if B.Cause cosigns, then it's GOTTA be the real deal Sally Fields.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Dude is a beast. He posts on the other board but I haven't seen him post in a minute.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    But I don't have the Amerie song? Plaese to share??

Here it is...instrumental is by Japanese producer nujabes who puts out some decent material, pretty mellow. I think this remix is good but I don't quite know the backstory on why it blew up...

http://siik.org/audio/amerie-one_thing-siik_remix.mp3

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    But I don't have the Amerie song? Plaese to share??

Here it is...instrumental is by Japanese producer nujabes who puts out some decent material, pretty mellow. I think this remix is good but I don't quite know the backstory on why it blew up...

http://siik.org/audio/amerie-one_thing-siik_remix.mp3

I think O-Dub posted this on here way back when. Def. one of the better blends of that song. Dude posts over yonder? What SN?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    btw I also enjoy reading dude's blog...captures nostalgia for growing up in the 90s perfectly in terms of what it was like hearing some of these joints for the first time in middle school.

anyone go to his night in LA? I wanna check it out when I get back.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    damn that amerie remix this is nice. Talk about reworking the original track.
    Whats the guy's blog site ?