Plastic Sleeves for lp's and 45's?

analog_tapeanalog_tape 604 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Do you put you expensive lp's and 45's in plastic sleeves?

Comments

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    Go to the Poly thread on this page and Delete.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Go to the Poly thread on this page and Delete.

The man is a Natural Born Moderator. He's just waiting for the call. Make the call. DO IT.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    It was a while before I caught on that "poly sleeve" was just a high-falutin' way of saying "plastic sleeves."

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I find myself bumping some of my records off the top status list sometimes and taking its plastic sleeve and giving it to another LP that Im loving more.

I got about 25% of my LPs in sleeves. None for 45s or 12s (although i try and leave the shrink wrap on them).

But I hate putting sleeves on die cut/gatefolds etc. I also use my sleves for my double copies of breaks, shove both LPs in one sleeve so you always got them in a duo.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I find myself bumping some of my records off the top status list sometimes and taking its plastic sleeve and giving it to another LP that Im loving more.

As cheap as plastic sleeves are, I wouldn't do thst. I'd just as soon buy another new batch of sleeves and distribute them around. I hear you on the "top status" list...if it's a dollarbin common record, it looks funny seeing it in a plastic bag. But if the store sold the record to me that way, then on it stays.

I got about 25% of my LPs in sleeves. None for 45s or 12s (although i try and leave the shrink wrap on them).

I've just started leaving original shrink wrap on albums...if it's historical. You know, if it has a sticker saying "RAC-A-RECORDS - $1.99" or "CONTAINS THE BIG HIT _________."