Your Favorite Hip-Hop Album

12346»

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    Bizarre Ride over Labcabin

I agree.

I was actually just about to ask for a clarification on the hatt for Bizarre Ride... ??

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    I'd love to hear Raj talk about why K-Solo is up there....no joke, that was one of the early rap albums I bought that was pretty out of the mainstream for a midwest kid to pick-up. That album and the first D-Nice were ones that got me way into BDP affiliates and pre-Def Squad groups.

And just now realizing perhaps i just liked the "Capital Letter" , "dash" & "four letter word with 2 vowels" --- i should give B-Real another try...

I've had roughly the same favorite album for at least 20+ years now. Every once in a while I think it's going to get bumped, but a quick listen and it is right back up there. With the exception of maybe 2-3 songs that haven't aged well, I would put all the marbles in for Death Certificate:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I could easily cite any of Strictly Business, Low End Theory, or Illmatic, or even Ridin' Dirty, but I'd actually prefer to roll with this one...

• coquicoqui 42 Posts

Yes! This album is

Those first three of his are all stone cold killers, no question. [em]Dwellin' In Tha Labb[/em] gets nonstop play round here.

• K-Solo's first 12" had all the tunes needed from his debut LP in my opinion.

• tech12ztech12z 56 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:

High on my list.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    There is no way I could pick just one.

Many of my absolute favs are above. A few that I haven't seen mentioned...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    jlee said:
    I'd love to hear Raj talk about why K-Solo is up there....no joke, that was one of the early rap albums I bought that was pretty out of the mainstream for a midwest kid to pick-up. That album and the first D-Nice were ones that got me way into BDP affiliates and pre-Def Squad groups.

I was a HUGE fan of EPMD fan in high school. K-solo took it to a whole new level for me with the gritty street lyrics , an angry, fast funky flow over the Smith-Sermon production I had grown to love.

I disagree "Tell the World My Name" has only a few solid tracks.

Highlights for me are "The Fugitive", obviously "Your Mom's in my Business," "Spellbound," "Renee-Renee", and the fast rap masterpiece "Real Solo Please Stand Up."

Oh.... and this...

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Yep. Lots of DJ play, great wordplay, even some decent beatboxing.