$8 dollars for 2 records media mail?

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I won 2 records on ebay from the same seller and sent him a message about changing the shipping cost and dude hasn't got back to me. Should I just eat the cost because I want the records?

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    at least he aint charging more than he advertised....thats what Im fighting at the moment...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    The time to negotiate regarding shipping, packaging or anything else is BEFORE you bid on the item. This seems so obvious to me, and yet it almost never happens this way.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    hit him with another message, I know I sometimes go into a zone when sending out ebay invoices and forget to change the shipping costs when a buyer wins more than one item...just ask again, couldnt hurt..

• reskresk 391 Posts
    you.sound.poor

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    you.sound.poor

No not poor. I may be wrong here but I think that some sellers overcharge on shipping just to get a couple of extra bucks(it all adds up I guess). I may be wrong though. And what about the ones that charge you for priority mail and then send it to you media mail?!! I hate that shit.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    8 dollars media, yeah that is crazy. It cost around 4 dollars for two records media but lately media mail has been awful. Took round two months for me to get a package with three records in it from Cali.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    The time to negotiate regarding shipping, packaging or anything else is BEFORE you bid on the item. This seems so obvious to me, and yet it almost never happens this way.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    eBay does this if you're not paying attention while sending out invoices.

1 LP = $4 mm shipping
    so eBay assumes
    2 LP's = $8

contact the seller, honest mistake

hit him with another message, I know I sometimes go into a zone when sending out ebay invoices and forget to change the shipping costs when a buyer wins more than one item...just ask again, couldnt hurt..

I had this happen with one purchase, the invoice didnt added up right, and once I pointed it out, the seller was quick to fix the mistake. I think most Ebay sellers are decent business ppl, but I also think some obviously do make a bit extra of S&H...

But if a seller has a set price advertised for S&H can they charge more than that AFTER the bid has been won?

I sometimes make mistakes. If my quote is below actual shipping amount, I take the loss. If it's over, I send a little refund.

I sometimes make mistakes. If my quote is below actual shipping amount, I take the loss. If it's over, I send a little refund.

I need to start buying records of you then....

I need to start buying records of you then....

Haha, thanks. Too bad I don't have shit for records listed right now. Got a couple of xbox games, though.