Yellow Nigga finally blogs an exclusive

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Not new news or an r&b chick exposing everything, but something i've wanted to see for 19 years. The 20/20 special on hip hop from 1981.http://www.rapradar.com/focus/rr-exclusive-2020-hip-hop-special-from-1981.htmlI love this. Now can someone tell me how to download it?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    change that fuskin title

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    didn't mean to offend anyone by that title.Would help if I said that I'm a yellow nigga also? If not then I'll change the title.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Post a pic or you're a (soft) racist!

(kidding)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Not new news or an r&b chick exposing everything, but something i've wanted to see for 19 years. The 20/20 special on hip hop from 1981.

http://www.rapradar.com/focus/rr-exclusive-2020-hip-hop-special-from-1981.html

I love this. Now can someone tell me how to download it?

WOW! Footage is CRAZY!!!!! Is the little kid rappin' with Mean Machine Roc Raida? I know his dad was in Mean Machine.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    sha-rock was the best in the funky 4.

kurtis blow looked high as fusk.

debbie harry was mucho blappable back then.

grandma on the porch rhiming

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Not new news or an r&b chick exposing everything, but something i've wanted to see for 19 years. The 20/20 special on hip hop from 1981.

http://www.rapradar.com/focus/rr-exclusive-2020-hip-hop-special-from-1981.html

WOW! Footage is CRAZY!!!!! Is the little kid rappin' with Mean Machine Roc Raida? I know his dad was in Mean Machine.

I was wondering this myself. Can't believe someone had the foresight to put this news piece together. Lot's of foreshadowing and parallels here. Check the 1981 Asher Roth cameo in the 2nd vid around 4:50. I want a copy of that rap education record.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yeah, that dude was the OG white rappa.

i thought rob swift had the dad in mean machine?

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    yeah, that dude was the OG white rappa.

i thought rob swift had the dad in mean machine?

Nah hommie, Raida's dad was in Mean Machine.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I kept waiting for the "but this music has a dark side" angle. It was refreshing to see a mainstream outlet like 20/20 give rap a fair shake.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    At the time, i don't think hip-hop was seeing as being really negative - not until the whole gangsta rap era did you see a lot of "moral panic" from my recollection.

And yeah, 20/20 was surprisingly open-minded here considering how dismissive they could have been.

"It's what the kids call 'rappin'!"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

There are programs on the net that will do it for ya. But the easiest way I do is start the video and totally let it load. Go into your Temp folder and there should be a file like fla6FE.tmp. Copy the file and save it somewhere on your computer and change the file name from fla6FE.tmp to fla6FE.flv

Then you can use any player that will play flash vid like VLC to watch or encode it to whatever format you want.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    btw Thx for posting the vids.

Found this also which made me laugh.

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    i like how they said the music has no melody and then cut to the sugar hill gang, and later the furious 5

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    the ballsack of rap.. haaaaaaa

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    the ballsack of rap.. haaaaaaa

"hold on, I got a chart..."

hahahahahahahahahah

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Was I the only one that opened this thread expecting to see something about Ice T?>