The Real Deal with mixes... (?? for mods)

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So... can only paying members post mixes in the crate digging forum? Or only long-time regulars? Dudes with 500+ posts?I'm just curious because I've posted two mixes here, only to have the thread deleted. The first time I was basically a total newbie here, so I figured hey, that's fine, whatever. But since then, I've seen other mixes get posted here (besides RAJ's thread about dCastillo's ) that haven't been taken down.I'm not trying to sell the mixes. I'm not trying to advertise myself or my own music. I'm just trying to share a little music with the other members of this board. There's so much other bullshit that gets talked about in this forum, I'm really confused as to why a posted mix gets the delete while other music postings are fine.Anyways, I'm not trying to cause shit. I'm just wondering about the proper protocol for posting a free mix that I want to share with people.Any mods wanna clear this up for me?Thanks!!Kyle

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    why dont you message a mod and find out instead of posting this

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    the mix you posted today is still up

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    why dont you message a mod and find out instead of posting this

I figured other people might like to know as well.

But now I also realize that my mix post didn't get deleted. I'm just an idiot. Fuck.

I'm havin' a baaaad day... lol

But I'd still like to know the official SS rules about this.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    there are no SS rules about this....unless RAJ proclaims them....

saying, I think you do need to be around for a minute if you're posting a mix

BUT, if you have a "dope mix" I highly doubt it will be deleted

like anything in life, this can be extremely subjective

whoa this stereo console with the record player is bleeding and I can hear some radio station, hah

NOW PRAYING ORIGINAL ESG COME AWAY ON 99 THAT I BOUGHT IN NYC AND WAS ONCE SOLD AND MADE IN NYC AND I AM POSTING ON SS FROM DOPE PAD IN NYC SAYING

THIS IS FREAKIN SIKKKKKKK

I HEART NYC

BUT, if you have a "dope mix" I highly doubt it will be deleted

like anything in life, this can be extremely subjective

whoa this stereo console with the record player is bleeding and I can hear some radio station, hah

Cool. That's kinda what I figured.

I guess I've either been here long enough, or I've got a coveted "dope mix".

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    i managed to grab a copy of your mix. i liked most of it. it seemed like at the beginning you were getting warmed up on the mixing but as it went on it smoothed out a little more.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    mark latency, if you're in ny, why are you home on a friday night???

I just saw dwele, he was freestyling lyrics, dropping jewels at honey dips in the front row!

yes I got my nag champa on

• saying, I think you do need to be around for a minute if you're posting a mix

that doesn't make sense to me.

i can understand someone getting flamed for showing up with zero posts and asking for samples, asking for mp3s, asking for this and that, complaining about the board, etc... cause nobody is benefitting from their presence.

but if someone wants to show up out of the blue and share some music and actually contribute something worthwhile to the board, why should we stop them?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

that doesn't make sense to me.

i can understand someone getting flamed for showing up with zero posts and asking for samples, asking for mp3s, asking for this and that, complaining about the board, etc... cause nobody is benefitting from their presence.

but if someone wants to show up out of the blue and share some music and actually contribute something worthwhile to the board, why should we stop them?

The first thread I ever started was a mix. Not only did it not get deleted, but the one soulmarcosa (he rocks!) replied with, "Best first post ever?"

No rhyme or reason, I suppose.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I would like to say that I've heard a few of Beat Chemist's mixes and I hope people aren't ignoring him because he is "new" to these boards. I don't know him from another forum or mailing list, or anything like that, but take a listen to his work.

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    I've got your Bumps before I Go, Summer Mix, and Agent 002 on my comp. They are all purdnear sanzzy. Checked out your Summer mix while getting silly stoned this morning. I actually used a beat of yours on a mix tape last year. It was the shadow demo. I really like that track. I don't remember where I got it?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    gotta admit that the first look on his tracklist kinda looks like hes pretty new to digging (this is probably why they got deleted, no?), but who gives a shit anyways. its been ages since i heard those tracks and im going to check out the mix for sure. and that edan thing was nice!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    The first thread I ever started was a mix. Not only did it not get deleted, but the one soulmarcosa (he rocks!) replied with, "Best first post ever?"

(swoon) You had me at "here's a mix I did."

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

No, Mark.

If somebody is posting up MUSIC for people to DOWNLOAD for FREE, they should have all the freedom in the world to do so. We should never discourage any selfless contributions of this nature. (RECORD RELATED + ENTERTAINMENT + EDUCATION = a rare thing these days.)

But you need to have been here a while before you try to start selling stuff. I hope that's understood.

people...POST YOUR MIXES!!!!!!!!!!

Beatchemist, don't know what happened to your first mix, but if it was deleted, I apologize for whoever made that action.

Beatchemist, don't know what happened to your first mix, but if it was deleted, I apologize for whoever made that action.

Nah no worries... it's all good.

gotta admit that the first look on his tracklist kinda looks like hes pretty new to digging (this is probably why they got deleted, no?), but who gives a shit anyways. its been ages since i heard those tracks and im going to check out the mix for sure. and that edan thing was nice!

Yeah I'm not a real digger... at least not around these parts. I'm alright with my little-dudeness. No fronting on my side of things. I just love music - both listening to it and making it. Hope you like the mix and I'm glad you enjoyed that edan remix. I'm really proud of it.