Tom Noble - Africa Bump (disco edit related)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Tom Noble (of Kings go Forth / Lotusland Records) - Africa Bump b/w Party Togetherhttp://homepage.mac.com/claymovie/pp1000.mp3 forgive my disco ignorance, but what are the originals for these edits?

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    these have been in a vault marinating for a while... glad to see them out for all.
    toms not in kings go forth, his brother andy is.

• Just got my copy in the mail today!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    i received my copy yesterday and I must say it is a massive let down
    for me due to the poor mastering. I love both songs but unfortunatly
    the mids and highs are so ear shattering that I never can play them out.
    I'm not sure if quality is the same on every copy or if I have just received
    one with a pressing defect.

Pablo, how is your copy sounding?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Just got these in stock, and one side seems to jump one of the house needles here. Not sure if that's what you're referring to but they're both great tunes anyway.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nice 4 Track, Jonny.

Is there anywhere that sells this online where I can download it? I'm in Vancouver and I want to play it tonight.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    No needle skipping here, it's just the overall mastering. Maybe that's
    what rough ass underground disco is supposed to sound like.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Nice 4 Track, Jonny.

I just bought that shit dog. It's not a game.

• my copy sounds good, no needle jump-I'm running shure whitelabels with recommended tracking force and have found them to be pretty forgiving.

The mastering is a little rough but I haven't played it on anything but the home system, where it sounds workable. i'll test it out out tonight on a big sound to see how it stacks up.

And to answer the og question- I only know the original source of the b side. It's a detroit 45- Superbs on dt.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Or as our friend at Ebony Cuts says, maybe you are just to used to the sounds of an mp3! Hahah yeah it is a little loud, but this is some rough ass disco, so F*ck it. We can just EQ it a bit in the clurb, and it will be fine.

My copy does not jump either, and I just bought new needles, so I played it on my old ortofons for a couple of weeks, and now on my new shures, and neither of them are adjusted correctly and it still plays fine

As far as the original sources, yeah one side is that 7", and the other side supposedly never came out. Not sure how much of the story I am allowed to share, but as far as Tom knows, this is the first time this song is seeing the light of day.

• Peoples potential are killin' it at the moment, definitely gonna pick this one up along with their synth boogie 12" compilation.

• I played this out last weekend and when I unpacked my records in the week found that I have only an empty sleeve left...

Great tunes though. The mastering just makes it sound more raw.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    just got this Fri

the mix sounds great to me - in the immortal words of Big Baby Jesus, "ooh baby I like it raw"