Hey I'll be in DC on Friday night Saturday...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
... in the afternoon. Yall should get at me.Chris I got your PM.Everyone else holler at your dude.

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Damn I'll be in New York. My store will be open though. 2318 18th Street NW (excuse the shameless plug).

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No I was really wanting to check your spot, but that's too bad you're out of town.

Is this guy gonna be around?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    No I was really wanting to check your spot, but that's too bad you're out of town.

Ha Ha Ha....y'know they busted 'BORF' recently

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I saw that somewhere in the blogosphere.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    holla if need the rundown on saturday digz
    flea will be too early, but the pm digs.......

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

I think he still sells gogo tapes on F st. look for the short stocky dude w/ a black doorag and an underbite. ask him where you can steal batteries for your walkman.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    ask him where you can steal batteries for your walkman.

Oooh yeah I need some!

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Bizarre that I won't be there. What time do you get in Cosmo? You should go up to Adams Morgan and see Neal's store and then walk a couple more doors north and eat at New Orlean's Cafe, my favorite DC restaurant. Get the beignets. I don't eat meat, but everyone who does always gets something catfish related there, as well. Chill place. Go up and around the corner to the right to Pepito's Bakery and get an oatmeal shake and some cookies. Also hit CD/Game Exchange because if both Neal and I aren't around there'll probably be something worth buying for ten cents (like 100 of my records that they bought last weekend...)

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
    Bizarre that I won't be there. What time do you get in Cosmo? You should go up to Adams Morgan and see Neal's store and then walk a couple more doors north and eat at New Orlean's Cafe, my favorite DC restaurant. Get the beignets. I don't eat meat, but everyone who does always gets something catfish related there, as well. Chill place. Go up and around the corner to the right to Pepito's Bakery and get an oatmeal shake and some cookies. Also hit CD/Game Exchange because if both Neal and I aren't around there'll probably be something worth buying for ten cents (like 100 of my records that they bought last weekend...)

Co signal. I recommend Amsterdam Felafel. Just delicious. And CD game exchange is worth hitting for the scratched ELP Live and that ever elusive second copy of Marylin McCoo sings Solid Gold favorites.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

adams morgan resaurants:

high end - La Forchette

Mid end - New Orleans Cafe (I went there when they were on Columbia when they first opened... Beniets or soooo dope)

Low End - Burrito Bros

check out Millie & Als for your local dive experience. So's your Mom is good for bagels. Take a walk through kalorama park and cut over to mintwood pl. Really nice houses on that block. DC's first real graf dude, Wake One, used to kill that area.

That's my home... born and raised on Belmont Rd. Shit's changed a lot. I remember seeing police cars turned over and burned during the mt pleasant riots. Also, when Barry flicked off the booing crowd at Adams Morgan day. You'd never know walking around there now. It's a bunch of yuppie retards over there.

• schnipperschnipper 528 Posts
    Born and raised on Belmont? No shit. Lived on Willard for the past two+ years. Burrito Brothers just closed. A cajun restaurant is going to open soon. Pepito's has the best burritos around there, El Tamarindo second.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    First and last time I went to DC I was stuck up at gunpoint.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Welcome to the Nation's Capitol... That was at "Full On" right? times done changed around there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Welcome to the Nation's Capitol... That was at "Full On" right? times done changed around there.

Yeah. I had just finished DJing and SOPE (RIP) paid me my money. Then Kenny Meez and Praez got inot a fight outside so we went out to make sure it was all cool. Then all the rest of the folks came out to gawk. Then 3 dudes ran up and pulled out pistols and lined us all up against the fence. There was like 15-20 of us. Dudes got all my money but I was selling weed so they didn't find that stash of cash.

Then later on I was going to have sex with some girl and that motherfucker SMK cold cockblocked so hard it was disgusting.

Worst trip evar.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    Damn, wanted to come through Krunk tonight, but we gotta hold down our joint tonight at the Wonderland spot in Columbia Heights.

DC has changed a big amount, but is still dope as shit (most of the time).

Have a great time tonight man.

Peas!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I still want a copy of your record dude the one with holy ghost.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    SMK
    don't get me started. that's one for the "enemy" thread.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    I still want a copy of your record dude the one with holy ghost.

bet.

i can either send you that shyte your way through mail, or if we can link tomorrow I can slide it your way before i leave to go out of town.

i'll pm you to see whats up.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts

adams morgan resaurants:

high end - La Forchette
    Mid end - New Orleans Cafe (I went there when they were on Columbia when they first opened... Beniets or soooo dope)
    Low End - Burrito Bros

check out Millie & Als for your local dive experience. So's your Mom is good for bagels. Take a walk through kalorama park and cut over to mintwood pl. Really nice houses on that block. DC's first real graf dude, Wake One, used to kill that area.

That's my home... born and raised on Belmont Rd. Shit's changed a lot. I remember seeing police cars turned over and burned during the mt pleasant riots. Also, when Barry flicked off the booing crowd at Adams Morgan day. You'd never know walking around there now. It's a bunch of yuppie retards over there.

Speaking of old times Tom, Cloke aka Rich the graf writer is a good friend of mine and wanted to say what up. He used to run with Gregism and John Stalin and you back in the day.

DC has changed for the better, but still has it's real rough spots and sketchy zones. Who would have thought posh Georgetown was once a black culture center?

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I wish I could make it out tonight but I'll be busy at the spot, let me know if ya'll are doing anything Sat. k

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Speaking of old times Tom, Cloke aka Rich the graf writer is a good friend of mine and wanted to say what up. He used to run with Gregism and John Stalin and you back in the day.

DC has changed for the better, but still has it's real rough spots and sketchy zones. Who would have thought posh Georgetown was once a black culture center?

k,

I dont think dc has changed for the better at all. it has been completely deprived of what little culture it had to start.

Dude... rich is a crazy fucker. once, he had like 6 jockitch fratboys banging on his door threatening to beat his ass, and he had the pistolo cocked at the peekaboo hole in the door. Those no-neck fuckers have no idea how close he was to unloading at them all. tell him i send pounds for days. I still chill with johnny stalin on a regular basis. he lives a few blocks from me in brooklyn. Dodge City Justice!!! we're actually planning a trip down there soon. i'll be sure to get in touch beforehand.