n.a.s.a. HOT or NOT?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
okay since we launched our first shuttle in 2 yrs. is the u.s. space program a good thang or a tremendous waste of time and money? peace, stein..

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    NOT. i cant really stand around and look good in a full body space suit. plus there arent enough women and gay men in outer space and thus i believe i would not be very popular. hence, the NOT.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Pro: I think a lot of cool inventions with real-world applications were developed at NASA (velcro?). Also it was important for national morale I think during the Cold War.

Con: At this point there's lots better things to spend our national scrilla on.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    hot. those rocket boosters have HUGE flames. and they are[/b] flying closer to the sun....

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    fuck nasa
    whitey on the moon

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    NASA sucks. They've blown up 2 shuttles for god sakes. The last one was just plain stupid. There is no reason those people should have died. Now they are already looking and pics of things that fell of durring lift off. FELL OFF!!!!!!

Plus, the just blew up that comet and now they aren't releasing any of the data that they collected. They spent $333 million tax payer dollars and now they won't tell us what they found. Most likely because it doesn't fit in with the theories that they've based their funding on. They have no ability to admit when they are wrong even if it mean making progress and saving lives.

Check here www.enterprisemission.com

Hogland gets a way out their with a lot of his stuff, but at least he's asking questions. Plus, he used to work for NASA so it's not like he's your run of the mill kook.

Don't get me started!

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    I think its staggering that we've developed the technology to put man into space (some 35 years ago too!), that said I think there are a lot more pressing issues which could fruitfully be adressed with all that money, ie. what we're going to replace oil with when it runs out in 50 years time (or 80 or whenever it'll be), how we might get onto a sustainable path in this world, how to get clean drinking water to all those that dont have it (many mnay millions), Africa (the drought in Niger at the moment for example - horrific) etc etc

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I think its staggering that we've developed the technology to put man into space (some 35 years ago too!), that said I think there are a lot more pressing issues which could fruitfully be adressed with all that money, ie. what we're going to replace oil with when it runs out in 50 years time (or 80 or whenever it'll be), how we might get onto a sustainable path in this world, how to get clean drinking water to all those that dont have it (many mnay millions), Africa (the drought in Niger at the moment for example - horrific) etc etc

There you go. Amazing that we can do it, but just kidding ourselves that we're somehow advanceing. Plus, you think SUV's are bad, the space shuttle just fucks the ozone everytime it takes off.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Hmmm Nasa, they used to be cool man... you know, back in the days... when they came out with that first debut shuttle... but this far down the line and they are still coming out with the same shit.... dudes in white suits on radios... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...... all the fans are going 'Yo! I've seen all that before man.. I know you are down for the old school, but yaoming???'

I think they need to re-invent their style. Go on some TV spots and plug the launch of their next shuttle.

"Yeah.. theres a lot of great new stuff on our latest shuttle man.... as well as some of the more original shit that everyone likes from back in the days..

We've done a collabo with Bill Gates on some parts of it, which all y'all will think is dope....

Its a lot more personal than our other shuttles cause we had more involvement on it - We got to help out with painting it and also stuff like putting in the fuel....

We're sticking with the same costume design though, which is done by our grandma, who also handles bookings for our launches...