New Zealand Funk: Aussie funk blog update

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited February 2009 in Announcements
Hey peoples,just thought I'd let you know I've just posted a new update on my blog, this time focusing on the New Zealand Ode label and the nice jazz and funk records they put out. Check it out here. Sound samples uploaded for each record, but at the time of posting this, I'm not 100% sure they're working. Please let me know one way or the other! or

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    good stuff man.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Thanks dude. Tell me if I missed any key Ode titles? I do have a few others but these were the best IMHO.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Nah, you're pretty good as far as the funky stuff goes, I'm far from an authority but IMO Ode has that handful of good shit then a steep drop to tons of crappy records. Very inconsistent marked with flashes of awesome. The Soundproof 45 could probably be one that is close to getting on your list.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Dope shit. And not one sheep f*cking (non bev r) joke... thats hard to do....

So which ones you got doubles of and which ones you gonna sell me?

Ha! I'll tell you what I DON'T have doubles of: The San Francisco TKOs 45!

Why don't you post up your finds on Stealth already!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Cus Im stealthy like that. nah gotta borrow the missus camera today and post up tomorrow, Cus if you aint got pix no one believes you around here.

I tell you what I shoulda bought that whole crate of Italian lps for that dude. The stuff I did grab was all heat..only one or two limp LPs....

Did you find any Ode releases at the fair?

Actually, a guy had the second Golden Horn Big Band LP there at the fair for $20... it was the guy I made the buy the Ayers Rock LP from! That album isn't as good as the one I posted, but it has both cuts from the 45 that is last on the page.