BASEBALL CARDS(REMIND ME OF THE RECORD GAME)

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
YEAH AONTHER ONE OF MY O.C.D'S.FROM THE OLD SCHOOL OFCOURSE,JUST WONDERING IF WE GOT ANY COLLECTORS IN HERE?BIG TIME METS AND YANKEES FAN.ANYSTRUTERS GET THEY PACK SEARCH ON?!?!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

raer error card

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    YEAH AONTHER ONE OF MY O.C.D'S.FROM THE OLD SCHOOL OFCOURSE,JUST WONDERING IF WE GOT ANY COLLECTORS IN HERE?BIG TIME METS AND YANKEES FAN.ANYSTRUTERS GET THEY PACK SEARCH ON?!?!

I made my mistake of stocking up on the 1987 Topps series. Who knew nearly every single one of them would end up being common as dirt.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ...um, this was just an accident.
    morocco_mole got this out of a wax pack, no lie.

• I collected for years but never managed to pick up the coveted Oscar Gamble '77:

I'd like to see his hat head

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    the thing is with basebal cards is unless you get them graded by one company PSA then they're basically worthless. and the difference between a Mint card (loot) and a VG++ card (not much loot) is TINY, shit makes the most anal jazz collectors look laid back. so, if the corners of your Roger Clemons rookie aren't so sharp you'd cut yourself on them, it's not worth jack... depressing as i have a big ol' pile of cards back at my parent's house...

this is one of my favorites, mine is pretty beat up, but you can't beat the 50's card designs, i think (tho 75 topps is dope! gotta get the minis):

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I didn't even collect baseball cards, but that is a classic right there.

I did collect basketball cards though. and my friend, who was buying and selling, told me he could make a living off that quite easily. He'd buy a case from a wholesale dealer for a $1000, pull a Lebron signed jersey card, sell on the Bay for 4k, and he was good. He did this for like a year or two and he told me he got like 30K in his savings. he was kinda doing this on the side. pretty damn nice. but he did tell me it is time consuming like anything, if you wanna make money.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    the thing is with basebal cards is unless you get them graded by one company PSA then they're basically worthless. and the difference between a Mint card (loot) and a VG++ card (not much loot) is TINY, shit makes the most anal jazz collectors look laid back. so, if the corners of your Roger Clemons rookie aren't so sharp you'd cut yourself on them, it's not worth jack... depressing as i have a big ol' pile of cards back at my parent's house...

No kidding, I tried to sell some valuable card once and the guy said "it was cut crooked". WTF like that was my fault!!!!!! Otherwise it was 100% mint. Can't remeber but I think that was the Ricky Henderson rookie card.

When I sold stuff a long time ago I was introduced to the collective stick up the butt of card collectors.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    anybody peep how they got cards with pieces of cut jerseys now,game used cards,and now you odds of getting a autograph card is better then going to the ballpark standing with like a hundred kids screaming for autographs

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    forget baseball cards...I'm gonna make some scrilla when I sell my hockey card collection.

• I used to work for Topps as a production artist. I got a bunch of boxes in storage but the most valuable pickup I got was during the 2000 subway series. They printed "Mets Win Subway Series" and "Yankees Win Subway Series" cards so that they would be ready in time to give away at the victory parade. When the Yankees won they destroyed the Mets ones but your boy got a few. I will trade for records though.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    what was ill about this card is not very long after the price skyrocketed to a hundo, fleer put out two corrections: one with a white bar and one with a black bar. The one with the white bar is now worth far more than the og or the black bar. We're a country of racists.
    I actually had a store with my hommie in his garage. I got all sorts of Mickey mantle's and Bob fellers and whatnot.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Anyone ever learn how to search a wax box in the late 80's early 90's? By telling the top card on each stack of the pack you could tell immediately what every other card was underneath. Very common in Donruss and Fleer, not so much as Topps or Upper Deck. We used to go through wax and cellophane packs and snag all the Griffey rookies.