LA Car Chase?!

breadwinnerbreadwinner 535 Posts
edited February 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone watch(ing) this schitt?! DJ Khaled? Damn...

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Why are people blowing up my phone about this? What is the damn big deal, is khaled gonna kill himself or something?

Maybe he just realized how annoying he is.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Nice B-Sides.

UPDATE 12:55 am: The driver of the Bentley who led police on a three-hour slow speed chase in Los Angeles has reportedly been found dead inside the car. Initial reports say the alleged death is a result of a suicide.

Not sure wtf is going on. Just saw this pic too.

http://twitpic.com/1eyxs

• Not Khaled. I know dudes are relieved!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=39889249&blogID=469804823

Whoever the guy was, he's was a dead ringer (no pun intended) for Khaled.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was driving back home on the 10W, just around National, and saw a police helicopter spotlighting something on the 10E and then I noticed about 10 CHP cruisers headed along the same way. I couldn't really see anything besides their sirens but figured: "whatever is going on, I'll probably read about it in the morning." Must have been this dude.

• I was driving down the 101 around 12:30 when they had the dude stopped. I counted at least four helicopters flying around Lankershim when I passed by.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I never understood the need to throw that much manpower at a runaway driver. What exactly is the worse case scenario they're trying to avoid with half a police force going after someone?

• I never understood the need to throw that much manpower at a runaway driver. What exactly is the worse case scenario they're trying to avoid with half a police force going after someone?

no news coverage?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I never understood the need to throw that much manpower at a runaway driver. What exactly is the worse case scenario they're trying to avoid with half a police force going after someone?

it was a "slow speed chase" too. what does that mean? 40mph instead of 80+? Police procedure heads plaese acknowledge my transaction. I'm seriously curious as to how dangerous a a "slow speed chase."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Carol J. Williams and Andrew Blankstein
    4:53 AM PST, February 10, 2009
    A businessman who led police on a more than three-hour chase in a luxury Bentley sedan shot himself to death early today after more than a dozen police cruisers surrounded his halted vehicle near Universal City, a source close to the Los Angeles Police Department said.

He was taken to a local hospital, where he later died, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

"It appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot," said the source, who described the suspect as distraught over the loss of his business.

The shooting occurred at 12:41 a.m., about an hour and a half after the suspect had stopped near the scene of an alleged assault with a deadly weapon against his girlfriend in the 4000 block of Lankershim Boulevard.

Police suspected the man was armed and had been "very, very careful" not to confront him during the pursuit that traversed Los Angeles County along the Hollywood Freeway and Interstates 5, 10 and 405, said Officer Karen Smith of the media relations office.

The Illinois-registered white sedan, worth more than $100,000, traversed the city's busiest freeways at or below the speed limit from the time the driver left North Hollywood at 7:55 p.m. until the vehicle stopped at 11:15 p.m. and the long standoff ensued.

A woman holding up her left hand in a gesture apparently intended to signal that no harm was intended had approached the car as soon as it stopped and attempted to open the passenger door, but it was locked and she retreated to the safety of the police cars and officers with guns drawn on the suspect.

The Bentley driver popped open the trunk in the first few seconds after stopping, but whether that was an accident or intended to provide a shield across the back window was unknown.

The driver, wearing a close-cropped beard and sunglasses, could be seen on some of the live TV coverage sitting in the front seat for nearly 90 minutes after stopping.

It was at least the fifth police pursuit of a fleeing driver in Los Angeles in the last two weeks.

[email]carol.williams@latimes.com[/email]