jean-michel BASQUIAT la heads

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
anybody see this exibit at Museum Of Contemorary Arts? 125 pieces!peace, stein. . .

Comments

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I got a mailer from MOCA a couple of weeks ago. I need to see it. Have you checked it yet?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    More interested in the King Tut Exhibit.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    More interested in the King Tut Exhibit.

One of my students said this was amazing.

• i am dying to see both.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    No, but I saw DJ Spooky when he was first comming up and he was spending around bobbing his head like he was JMB. Not long after he started getting well know and a critic dissed him for trying to be like JMB. I don't know enough to care, but I thought it was funny that I thought "who's this JMB wanna be" and then when i asked him if he was a different DJ on the bill he said "no I'm Spooky". BTW he killed it with some crazy old reggae spead up beat juggle while the rodies were carying his coffin off stage. Dude just walked with them and kept juggling. ILL!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    No, but I saw DJ Spooky when he was first comming up and he was spending around bobbing his head like he was JMB. Not long after he started getting well know and a critic dissed him for trying to be like JMB. I don't know enough to care, but I thought it was funny that I thought "who's this JMB wanna be" and then when i asked him if he was a different DJ on the bill he said "no I'm Spooky". BTW he killed it with some crazy old reggae spead up beat juggle while the rodies were carying his coffin off stage. Dude just walked with them and kept juggling. ILL!

gag

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The show left Brooklyn recently. I missed it, but i've seen all the works anyway.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I caught it with my girl and some friends (hi Shig) last thursday... shit was soooooo amazing. It was my first time seeing any of his pieces in person and I can't stress enough how much better they are that way than in a book. With that said, it's a bit overwhelming seeing all of them like that so I didn't really get to absorb it all the way. It's here till october and will be going back several times.

GO SEE IT.