Exploitation film strut.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I Just viewed what i can only describe as a masterpiece in this genreThat being Ilsa Harem Keeper Of The Oil Sheiks.I'd heard and read about this franchise and became intrigued by this installment in particular after reading the plot and the outlandish scenarios contained throughout the movie.How can you not be drawn towards a movie that has a German female Commandantwho has two black female semi nude Officers at her side overseeing the white slavery operations of a maniacal Oil Shiek who keeps his 10 year old nephew the rightful heir to the throne locked up in the dungeon.Alright i realize it sounds a little bit twisted and sick which it is in parts but it also funny and really entertaining at the same time. Yes it campy to the extreme but that what makes it so great especially Ilsa's fake German accent.I'll be downloading the first one,i hear that one even more offensive.Share some titles you feelin'

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I'm tempted to give away some specific scenes which makes it so awesome to me
    But the least you know going in will add to the shock value when watching it
    Oh yeah the dude playing the sheik is a master thespian let's just leave it at that.

• The Ilsa movies are perfect examples of the genre. I prefered the oil shiek joint, but both have their own charms.

Hey what's up? it seems that your the only other person on the Strut that has a affinity for these types of films,drop some Jewels on me man.

• I'm no expert, there is so much under the exploitation umbrella. Here are some that came to mind:

Tough Broads

Women behind bars:

Sexploitation:

Roger Ebert Scripts:

I must like Russ Meyer movies, 3/4 of the above

I've seen Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
    Spoilers

(the transsexual dude's breasts was a bugged out sight),I'll look into the rest.
    Also thinking about checking out I Drink Your Blood i might purchase that.

• Are you are karagarga? So much good shit on there.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Ilsa Harem Keeper Of The Oil Sheiks...

The standout of the Ilsa series:

This one's also fun:

• I just downloaded this:

AKA Greta, the Mad Butcher. The unofficial 3rd sequel directed by Jess Franco.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    This one here is a personal altime fave and combines the genres biker movie, drug movie, sexploitation and has an incredible soundtrack with various live band scenes (including Birth Control ca. '69). It's in German but the DVD comes with English subtitles. I've actually never seen the DVD but I'm sure it looks alright. I mannaged to hunt down the OG VHS rental tape some 20 years ago and blown the minds of numerous visitors with it ever since.

Are you are karagarga? So much good shit on there.

I'm not on there,i usually find stuff by google searching blog or torrent.
    That's how i found this blog with the Ilsa movies
    http://bloodyhorror.blogspot.com/search?q=ILSA
    I finished downloading the first late this morning i'll watch it later tonight.

This one here is a personal altime fave and combines the genres biker movie, drug movie, sexploitation and has an incredible soundtrack with various live band scenes (including Birth Control ca. '69). It's in German but the DVD comes with English subtitles. I've actually never seen the DVD but I'm sure it looks alright. I mannaged to hunt down the OG VHS rental tape some 20 years ago and blown the minds of numerous visitors with it ever since.

That looks like a rare one not sure that i'll be able to find it.
    I like my Exploitation with some violence thrown in.

• I've seen Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
    Spoilers

(the transsexual dude's breasts was a bugged out sight),I'll look into the rest.

"i drink your blood" is great. hippie satan worshipers and rabies-infested meat pies, what more do you want? also,

• most explotation films suck but they always have two or three scenes that are worth seeing cuz they're so weird and outrageous.

me, i like giallos, not sure if they can be considered "explotation"? someone start a "giallo" thread...

I Drink Your Blood.

It's on the blog i'm tempted to get it,but since there's a legit dvd it out for it i'll blind buy it.
    Trailer make's it look great.

I've seen Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
    Spoilers

"i drink your blood" is great. hippie satan worshipers and rabies-infested meat pies, what more do you want? also,

Haven't seen that Emmanuelle but i've seen Emmanuelle In America those fake snuff scenes were really unnerving.

• I've seen Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls
    Spoilers

Haven't seen that Emmanuelle but i've seen Emmanuelle In America those fake snuff scenes were really unnerving.

"...and the last cannibals" moves back and forth between grimy-ass shocking violence and ridiculous/silly gratuitous nude shots.

If i had to construct an all time greatest top 10 this would be high up on it.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I'm not too hot about the lesbian/gore/Satan/Nazi/cannibal/vampire nun, etc. Jess Franco type exploitation, but I do love the Dirty Harry or Sergio Leone inspired stuff. At least that sub-genre shows a lot of variety and mold-breaking. I've think I've big upped him in the past before here, so I hate to sound like I'm on his nuts or something, but as someone who has done some solid record, mix CD and rare VHS trades with him and a fellow Californian, anyone into the obscure Euro flicks should check out Jamie's site (The Drive-In Connection). Anything directed in the 60s and 70s by Umberto Lenzi and Sergio Corbucci is the shit

Not sure if these count as exploitation, camp or just plain trash

[img]

The images didn't come up so i copied and pasted in my address bar to see what they were
    I would say those are more straight foward b-movies than exploitation.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    no love for racism or enema-sploitation?

Umberto Lenzi's Cannibal Ferox aka Make Them Die Slowly is dope.
    I haven't seen his 70's crime films.

no love for racism or enema-sploitation?

I'll pass on the enema-sploitation one,I'd check out Goodbye Uncle Tom again.
    I remember seeing a bit of it on Google Videos but it wouldn't stream all the way for me.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    yeah i watcfhed part of it there also

weird shit cuz it really is a beautifully shot film, ridiculous racism/exploitation aside....

They(the directors)are supposed to be quite competent they did some famous mondo movies from the 60's,Blue Underground put out a dvd box set which includes those plus Goodbye Uncle Tom.
    Another film that has the racism factor played up to the extreme is

I haven't seen this just read it's controversial though.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    I'm downloading Emanuelle In America right now but am kind of nervous to watch it based on what I have read about it... has anyone seen it who would care to comment ?

The fake snuff scenes last a brief time on screen they are harsh to look at
    but i didn't lose any sleep over them.
    If you are a avid cult film watcher you
    should be able to deal.
    Just another reminder there are actual hardcore sex scenes
    so choose who you are watching it in front of.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    thanks for the tip.

this is one to watch when the girlfriend is away , that much I knew. : )

A modern exploitation masterpiece.
    I dl'ed the rip of it with the out of sync audio,makes it so must better.