WOE IS ME (24 carat black rel)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Caught a BIN on the bay of this longtime wantPaid extra for insuranceRECEIVE IT ON CRISTMAS EVEhuge crack in the middleDude sent in good package with extra cardboradIS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO...REFUND ANYTHING!!!

Comments

• Paypal complaint, item not as described.

I would just email the seller with a note describing the situation and of course a pic of the damage. You could offer a 50/50 split, if you feel that it wasn't due to shoddy packaging.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Paypal complaint, item not as described.

I would just email the seller with a note describing the situation and of course a pic of the damage. You could offer a 50/50 split, if you feel that it wasn't due to shoddy packaging.

But as a seller who packaged it well, why would they bear any responsibility?

Isn't that what shipping insurance is for? And it sounds like the buyer purchased it.

• I had the same thing happen with a Roy Meriwhether: Nubian Lady once... cracked right in half.
    I couldn't blame the seller, I went and yelled at my post office and had to wait another year to buy it,

I feel your pain

• But as a seller who packaged it well, why would they bear any responsibility?

Are you asking me as a buyer or seller?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I had the same thing happen with a Roy Meriwhether: Nubian Lady once... cracked right in half.
    I couldn't blame the seller, I went and yelled at my post office and had to wait another year to buy it,

I feel your pain

record karma will smile my way hopefully

ill see if there is anything the insurance can do

but for now

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I would think this is the whole point of insurance - to cover damage incurred while shipping. Of course, I've never had a file a claim but in this case, you'd have a paper trail to determine value, I would think.

Good luck!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Paypal complaint, item not as described.

But as a seller who packaged it well, why would they bear any responsibility?

Isn't that what shipping insurance is for? And it sounds like the buyer purchased it.

Sayin'. I just received a 45 I'd been looking for for a a bit with a nice chunk taken out of the side of it. It was packed VERY well, and you could obviously see where the edge of something heavy had been dropped on the package, right where the 45 broke, and ironically, right above the words "FRAGILE: PHONOGRAPH RECORD" in large letters. I only paid $19 for it, and it certainly wasn't the seller's fault, so I charged it to the game.

Of course, I'm sure you paid much more than that, but the principle remains the same, I think.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i thought about charging it to the game but

apparently i can paypal refund with the seller and let him sort out the insurance in sweden

we shall see

he has yet to respond