A day in the life of Afrika Baby Bam (of the Jungl

litemus5litemus5 132 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
Man, this dude has done flipped his lid:b, 21b, 211) a href="" target="_blank"1 21b, 212) a href="" target="_blank"1 21b, 213) a href="" target="_blank"1

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    "I'm in a Bentley, you're on a skateboard" ? LOL. This fool is at the gas station filling up a Toyota Corolla! LOL!!!!! He is batshit crazy. Somebody get him a pair of pants for Christmas.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I blame the Europeans.

• i heard he's been posting some wild videos and saying some crazy sh*t on his myspace... yikes, put your pants back on homie! i was digging his songs though.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    He's not Loony.b, 21It's just a calculated crazy performance from him.b, 21

• Is this what he feels he has to do to for attention or even to sell records? For a man of his credibility and what he's done for the game, I personally didn't think Afrika had to do all of this for acknowledgment. Dude started the Native Tongue movement that Tribe & De La often get credit for. And while it's true that the JB's have a bigger fanbase in Europe than they do in the U.S., it's still not an excuse (in my opinion) to become "Speedoman" w/ eye makeup. If he's not careful, he could end up tarnishing the Jungle Brothers' whole legacy. People in his own camp don't even want to be associated with this guy.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21If he's not careful, he could end up tarnishing the Jungle Brothers' whole legacy.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21LOL

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21He's not Loony.
    b, 21It's just a calculated crazy performance from him.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Seems like a cross between Doom and Kool Keith...

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    a href="" target="_blank"1 21b, 21WHITE NINJA

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    MIA should have him open for her.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    This is really weird stuff, but some of the beats/production are sick.

• not that i rock make up or thongs but...
    within the realm of artistry/music ..yall act like this has never happened before. i bet if he came out with some gawdy chain and was on the same ol same ol...........ahh forget it.

is it just cuz "rap" music has idiotic immature boundaries. thats why shit is stuck.

prince rocked thongs and makeup...and dudes like spinna have parties based on him. p funk got dude in a damn diaper...tons of make up.

for me, it aint no big thing.
    he said same old nikes...he still got some shit.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

The difference is that dudes like this weren't going to the grocery store in their underwear, they kept it on stage as far as I know. That's where it gets a little strange.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If he's not careful, he could end up tarnishing the Jungle Brothers' whole legacy.

LOL

co-LOL

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Proper use of Little child running wild > questionable fashion statements.

• Here's another thing to LOL about(for the few who haven't seen it already):

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2008/22160-s...at_him_now.html

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    not that i rock make up or thongs but...
    within the realm of artistry/music ..yall act like this has never happened before. i bet if he came out with some gawdy chain and was on the same ol same ol...........ahh forget it.

is it just cuz "rap" music has idiotic immature boundaries. thats why shit is stuck.

prince rocked thongs and makeup...and dudes like spinna have parties based on him. p funk got dude in a damn diaper...tons of make up.

I wont go w/ the immature boundaries schtick but......

I dont see why y'all are confused.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know what? This is all old news, but on the strength - who the F*ck really cares about this? What, this dude can't live? And so what if dude is gay? Not saying that he is but motherfuckers getting all worked up about about who is and isn't gay need to realize that way more people that they could ever imagine are gay, straight up.

Shit is mad corny, and looking at the comments on that page made me sad.

Anyway, liked the Curtis sample but the drums were weak.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    not that i rock make up or thongs but...

I wont go w/ the immature boundaries schtick but......

I dont see why y'all are confused.

damn, that just reminded me of this:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/11/18/116-black-music-that-black-people-dont-listen-to-anymore/

I dont understand the Stuffwhitefolkslike reference.

Cosmo speaks the troof.

You know what? This is all old news, but on the strength - who the F*ck really cares about this? What, this dude can't live? And so what if dude is gay? Not saying that he is but motherfuckers getting all worked up about about who is and isn't gay need to realize that way more people that they could ever imagine are gay, straight up.

Shit is mad corny, and looking at the comments on that page made me sad.

Anyway, liked the Curtis sample but the drums were weak.

Cosmo,

Gay or not has nothing to do with it. None of my gay friends walk around in speedos with make up on! It is just straight buggin'!!! LOL. Baby Bam is not Prince Nelson Rogers in the early 80s.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I dont understand the Stuffwhitefolkslike reference.

Yeah that one went completely over my head too.

And Chan, fact of the matter is people are all on some shit about Baby Bam being flipped out based on a youtube video. It's a video. Who knows what the context is? I watched the video. To me it just seemed rather disjointed and appeared to be a misguided and heavy-handed attempt at being artistic that didn't succeed. But this dude was ALWAYS on some other shit. J.Beez With The Remedy anyone? So who the hell knows...

... and you know what? If this dude is really into acting freaky like that then hey that's his thing. I don't care for it, but I don't care about it and it's not hurting me none. And on top of that, if dude likes to have sexual relations with other dudes, that's his prerogative. Good for him for having the chance to be a happy dude being who he is and doing what his thing is. Again, that ain't my thing, but all I know is I'll be bumping "Beyond This World" like it ain't no thing until I'm an old ass man.

• Cosmo you're being way too rational and well-adjusted. I demand that you stop, drop, and talk shit about someone you don't know. Immediately!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hahah oh shit. Okay I gotta run and pick up this Greek food I ordered for dinner...

... ayo?

Cosmo you're being way too rational and well-adjusted. I demand that you stop, drop, and talk shit about someone you don't know. Immediately!

LOL!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't care for it, but I don't care about it and it's not hurting me none.

You just trampled on a fundamental SoulStrut tenet.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    oh you know, comments about JBs having a much bigger European fan base, then i thought about stuff white people like, i saw pictures of old school hip-hop artists (read the article), and it all tied in for me

• What he's not admitting is that Donger has his own entry under "stuff white people like".

oh you know, comments about JBs having a much bigger European fan base, then i thought about stuff white people like, i saw pictures of old school hip-hop artists (read the article), and it all tied in for me

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    oh believe me, i ride for the first two lps, and the 12"s with all the crazy bonus beats, no need to convince me of that

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    What he's not admitting is that Donger has his own entry under "stuff white people like".

hahaha

btw it has been super slow at work (yikes) = me actually posting on the strut