slsk help?!?!?!?

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
anybody know how this port forwarding stuff works. i gotta mac runing vpc just for slsk. and aparantly because my comp is behind a router (airport) i need to set a dedicated port. i looked that the info the slsk people direct you to, and it makes sense, but... NOTHING WORKS!!!!anyboy do this successfully.much abliged

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Virtual PC sucks on the Mac. It is WAYYYY too slow. Try Solarseek for Mac instead. The NAT (network address translation) is a little quirky with VPC also. This is due to the fact the the VPC is running NAT through the Mac, then the Mac is already running NAT behind the firewall. This causes a NAT to run though a NAT which doesn't work well, especially with the port forwarding.

http://www.fejta.com/solarseek/

soulstrut geek,
    -billb

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    mother of god.... i remember using solarseek before not being hapy with it. are there certain things that are/were missing from the pc version?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    mother of god.... i remember using solarseek before not being hapy with it. are there certain things that are/were missing from the pc version?

I'm not sure about that. It seemed to have everything that I needed when I tried it recently.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    one lame prob is that you cant dl entire folders. such a pain for organization. and my privlegies seem to not work with some users?!?!?

besides that SO MUCH BETTER THAN SLSK VIA VPC

thanks bud

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    True-to-life hommie...have you tried Nicotine? I think that's what I use (w/ the little snowman as the dock icon). That allows you to download entire folders. I still have problems connection to some users though.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Best thing on the mac for that is Soulseex

fuck nicotine and fuck using vpc for that. Soulseex is where it's at

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    Best thing on the mac for that is Soulseex

fuck nicotine and fuck using vpc for that. Soulseex is where it's at

absolute truth...