"LOOK AT ME I HAVE COLLECTIBLES!"

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    apparently you've taken my comments and twisted them into believing i'm hatting on dude.....typical SoulStrut

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Nah ..I know it's not like that ..but damn thats a come up!

Nah ..I know it's not like that ..but damn thats a come up!

o.k....and yes, nice finds collection

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Anyone know whats up with that Octopus record I have seen it before but I don't know where or what was on it?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Anyone know whats up with that Octopus record I have seen it before but I don't know where or what was on it?

Some strange psych record on ESP-disk

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    nice finds collection

some of those records fucking suck! great jackets though... and its nice to see peoples collections.

we should turn this thread into "LOOK AT ME I HAVE COLLECTIBLES!" rey can floss his 8track collection, mole can show off his lunchboxes again, guzzlecock can be mr modern soul, paycheck can show off the high priced records at the shop... etc.

we should turn this thread into "LOOK AT ME I HAVE COLLECTIBLES!" rey can floss his 8track collection, mole can show off his lunchboxes again, guzzlecock can be mr modern soul, paycheck can show off the high priced records at the shop... etc.

co-sign

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I'm down. Can someone post the OG Alahambra thread? Would be appreciated.

what's the deal with The Funky Phantom record? braeks i assume....someone school me plaese

what's the deal with The Funky Phantom record? braeks i assume....someone school me plaese

the cover is very cool... theres also a 45 for that album. both are worth between $10 and $35 (depending on if you know cartoon collectors or not)... maybe you can get more, i never have though.

the cover is very cool... theres also a 45 for that album. both are worth between $10 and $35 (depending on if you know cartoon collectors or not)... maybe you can get more, i never have though.

thanks

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

thanks

I have the 45, and no breaks are to be found, it's just a "story record" I suppose someone may have already sampled/would want to sample the guy with the Shaggy (scoobydoo, nojamaican) voice going, "i-i-i-t's the f-f-unky p-p-p-hantom!" but that's about it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

what's the deal with that Skillet and Leroy album?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    nice finds collection

some of those records fucking suck! great jackets though... and its nice to see peoples collections.

This actually sounds like a good thread!

ghetto comedy

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

ghetto comedy
    Word..Is that record that by LaWanda Page (Aunt Esther) any good?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That slicing eyeball is from a Salvador Dali movie from the 1920s... "Un Chien Andalou" (sp?)... Dude was all about shocking some people.

hey, you can do what you like for real, IMO, the implication is more "shocking" than the act itself.
    All I've seen from Dali are his paintings. Forgive my classic cinema little dudeness.

[cough] "Un Chien Andalou" was directed by the one and only Luis Bu??uel in 1929. Dali wrote the screenplay [/cough]

Ah yes. Please forgive MY little dudeness.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    That slicing eyeball is from a Salvador Dali movie from the 1920s... "Un Chien Andalou" (sp?)... Dude was all about shocking some people.

hey, you can do what you like for real, IMO, the implication is more "shocking" than the act itself.
    All I've seen from Dali are his paintings. Forgive my classic cinema little dudeness.

[cough] "Un Chien Andalou" was directed by the one and only Luis Bu??uel in 1929. Dali wrote the screenplay [/cough]

Ah yes. Please forgive MY little dudeness.

damn i can't belive 2600 brought the Temple of Doom facemelting jpegs.

un chien andalou is that movie that the pixies sing about in that debaser song. i'm not crazy about it, but bunuel does bring it with some of his later films such as 'the discreet charm of the bourgeousie'. hilarious and chilling at the same time.

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    What's up with "The Nazty-I Got To Move" record? How much $$$ does it go for?

• damn i can't belive 2600 brought the Temple of Doom facemelting jpegs.

that's where the whole facemelting phenomenon began!
    i was just takin' it back to ... uhhh ... '04.

i think it was crink who first posted the flick of the raiders of the lost ark (temple of doom was dude's heart getting ripped out... another future graemlin?) nazi face melting scene and then dcastillo eventually created the animated / G-rated version.

What's up with "The Nazty-I Got To Move" record? How much $$$ does it go for?

mediocre record... its cool for cheap and it looks killer... $40... $60 if you can chump someone. maybe you can get more for it i dont really know. ive only had it like twice or maybe three times over the years. last time i had it was a few years back and got $40 or so for it.

damn i can't belive 2600 brought the Temple of Doom facemelting jpegs.

that's where the whole facemelting phenomenon began!
    i was just takin' it back to ... uhhh ... '04.

i think it was crink who first posted the flick of the raiders of the lost ark (temple of doom was dude's heart getting ripped out... another future graemlin?) nazi face melting scene and then dcastillo eventually created the animated / G-rated version.

i must have missed that. i thought the facemelting thing was born out of like 'dude, check out this facemelting solo on this satriani track." damn i need to read up on my readups. i am embaraased about my indiana jones mix up. is the temple of doom the one where they eat monkey brains

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    [

un chien andalou is that movie that the pixies sing about in that debaser song. i'm not crazy about it, but bunuel does bring it with some of his later films such as 'the discreet charm of the bourgeousie'. hilarious and chilling at the same time.

it's good in a spazzy way... tripped out before such an idea existed... can you imagine seeing it in the 30's??? i think everything bunuel did was pretty fucking awesome, ("discreet charm" used to be my favorite movie ever, but it's emptyness kind of wears on repeated viewings) but lately i've been sweating his mexican social realism films. "los olividados", about a bunch of mexico city street kids, is "city of god" 50 years earlier...

i like that martin singers and verlin (or whatever her name is) records... oakland and sf gospel...

i like that martin singers and verlin (or whatever her name is) records... oakland and sf gospel...

yeah, they are cool. I'm really getting into that kinda stuff. Funny thing is that I found them in Santa Ana - right before I moved.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Is that a Silver Apples without ring wear?!

Is that a Silver Apples without ring wear?!

It's got a little bit, it had the shrink wrap on when I found it. No poster though.

• i thought the facemelting thing was born out of like 'dude, check out this facemelting solo on this satriani track."

that was the exact original intent, as it still is today. however, before an animated facemelter gif showed up, the raiders jpg is how some chose to roll.

is the temple of doom the one where they eat monkey brains

RAIDERS:
    face melting
    nazis
    cairo
    snakes
    fistfight with iron sheik lookin dude where he lands in the plane's propeller

TEMPLE:
    heart ripping
    monkey brain eating
    short round
    mola ram, suda ram, mola ram suda ram BOOM BOOM

INDIANA JONES AND THE HOLY GRAIL:
    shit i don't remember

i thought the facemelting thing was born out of like 'dude, check out this facemelting solo on this satriani track."

that was the exact original intent, as it still is today. however, before an animated facemelter gif showed up, the raiders jpg is how some chose to roll.

is the temple of doom the one where they eat monkey brains

RAIDERS:

face melting

nazis

cairo

snakes

fistfight with iron sheik lookin dude where he lands in the plane's propeller

TEMPLE:

heart ripping

monkey brain eating

short round

mola ram, suda ram, mola ram suda ram BOOM BOOM

INDIANA JONES AND THE HOLY GRAIL:

shit i don't remember

you crack me up mike. the holy grail is the one where indiana goes cavedwelling with a broad and there are rats everywhee

hows this for facemelt

i wish i could find out what kind of fish this is. it makes the pic i posted of the coffinfish seem so tame

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

i wish i could find out what kind of fish this is. it makes the pic i posted of the coffinfish seem so tame

ZIGGY FISH