Recent RR finds

CBearCBear 902 Posts
edited October 2008 in Strut Central
img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3210/2912161361_75f4eb10ee.jpg"1b,121b,121The 12s are 2aT - Played for a Fool, and The Overnite Bandits - Roxanne's babyb,121b,121Prize Czech on the Tutt Band? I can only find it one place on teh innerwebz at 350 euros. Is that just a crazy asking price? Also can't find the Tim Smooth on LP anywhere.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you could be onto something with that Tutt band, hommie

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that butter 08 record is pretty good.b,121russel simmons on the drums.b,121but i'm a jsbx fan too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    If you're looking to sell that Tim Smooth, I'm looking to buy.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Rockadelic had the Tutt Band a while back. Got some pretty good coin for it if I remember right.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121that butter 08 record is pretty good.
    b,121russel simmons on the drums.
    b,121but i'm a jsbx fan too.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121BUTTER OF 69!!!!!!!b,121definitely like their cover of Aguas de Marco, toob,121b,121interesting info on the song:b,121a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waters_of_March" target="_blank"1http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waters_of_March

• some guff from the last few days, some local cheapies and some set sale action:b,121img src="http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/joeblakey/125.jpg"1b,121both HARD MEAT lps arre good - driving proggy folk rock - -i think i prefer "through a window" more though.b,121picked up the VAN MORRISON for the track "everyone" - which is ace. not much else for me on the album though.b,121the CURFEW has a monster play out psych track on "photogenic jennie" - exactly the sound i like. the rest is ok.b,121most of the JAMES TAYLOR is too soft for my tastes - but i really like the last track "suite for 2G" - funky folk.b,121JAKE SOLLO is afro disco - remember reading something about it on heret and the cover instantly caught my eye (BOOOOOOTY!!!) -not my cup of tea though, so this is up for trade if anyone wants it.b,121b,121 also got a few 7's:b,121THE ROUTERS - "let's go" (dead fun, pounding ramones-like surfy track from the early 70's)b,121LES AIGLONS - "expo 64" (f*cking hell!! im no surf expert but this is just about the best ive heard. . .mental rhythm, weird sounds, stops and starts.. all sorts! can't waitr to play this out...)b,121CHROMEO - "needy girl" (greatr track - ncie 45's for house parties etc)b,121WILLOWZ - "something" (killer pop punk track from a few years back - was on the "eternal sunshine of a spotless mind" ost )

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121some guff from the last few days, some local cheapies and some set sale action:
    b,121
    b,121both HARD MEAT lps arre good - driving proggy folk rock - -i think i prefer "through a window" more though.
    b,121picked up the VAN MORRISON for the track "everyone" - which is ace. not much else for me on the album though.
    b,121the CURFEW has a monster play out psych track on "photogenic jennie" - exactly the sound i like. the rest is ok.
    b,121most of the JAMES TAYLOR is too soft for my tastes - but i really like the last track "suite for 2G" - funky folk.
    b,121JAKE SOLLO is afro disco - remember reading something about it on heret and the cover instantly caught my eye (BOOOOOOTY!!!) -not my cup of tea though, so this is up for trade if anyone wants it.
    b,121
    b,121 also got a few 7's:
    b,121THE ROUTERS - "let's go" (dead fun, pounding ramones-like surfy track from the early 70's)
    b,121LES AIGLONS - "expo 64" (f*cking hell!! im no surf expert but this is just about the best ive heard. . .mental rhythm, weird sounds, stops and starts.. all sorts! can't waitr to play this out...)
    b,121CHROMEO - "needy girl" (greatr track - ncie 45's for house parties etc)
    b,121WILLOWZ - "something" (killer pop punk track from a few years back - was on the "eternal sunshine of a spotless mind" ost )
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b,121That Routers track is from 1962...

• aha -- cheeers for the info. i have it on an early 70's French soundtrack 7" - assumed it was made for the film by the looks of sleeve. definately sounds 60's...