this is what it is coming to... (iraq related,nrr)

funksnotdeadfunksnotdead 364 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/15/marine.shooting.ap/index.html CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- A young Marine who feared returning to Iraq persuaded his cousin to shoot him in the leg, then told police he was hit by random gang gunfire, authorities said.The shooting early Saturday was meant to keep 19-year-old Moises Hernandez from going back to Iraq, prosecutors said.He was charged with filing a false police report. His cousin, Juan Hernandez, 19, faces a felony weapons charge.Moises Hernandez is back with his unit at Camp Pendleton, California, and the Marines are investigating the incident. His unit had returned June 5 from a six-month deployment that included a month in Iraq.The man's father, Ray Hernandez, said his son also had been sent to Indonesia after the devastating tsunami in December. The father said his son had seen death up close and was troubled by nightmares when he returned home."Whatever he experienced changed him totally," the senior Hernandez said.

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    there are easier ways to get out of the military, pissing dirty is quite easy and enjoyable or...

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    I talked to my homegirl who has a brother over there last night. I know this dude and he is a little bitty kid. he should be fucking with girls and skateboarding but instead hes scraping his buddies brains off the jeep seat. His brigade or whatever was back for a minute but they re-deployed them and they burned down their fucking barracks...but they sent them anyway.

• pissing dirty may get you out of service, but it will get you straight into an army brig. that aint much better.

good luck to you homegirl's brother SbN, too many kids with the same story. my heart goes out to all of them. i can't believe they burned down the barracks. that's crazy. if they didnt need these kids so badly to fight their absurd crusade, they would've been court marshalled with a quickness. it seems to me things like that will only continue to escalate and happen more often until we find a way out of this mess.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    pissing dirty may get you out of service, but it will get you straight into an army brig. that aint much better.

No it won't. I've known alot of soldiers who pissed hot and the only thing that happened to them was they get put on extra duty. Also, their pay gets docked for that month.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Maybe before someone enlists, especially in the Marines, they need to realize they might have to pick up a gun and be told to shoot at somebody, and be shot at in return. Otherwise, don't enlist. Whether its right or wrong is beside the point, the point is the military owns your ass when youre in.

Cosign. I'm glad I didn't buy that bullshit when I was in High School. They have that cult mentality going on.

But it's true, everyone's like oh it good you learn a skill and will be eligible for the GI Bill blah blah - but it's like a deal with the devil. These guys just got called on it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    but it's like a deal with the devil. These guys just got called on it.
    Only two more years of this Army bullshit.