We Jam Econo (SST Related)

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Saw a free screening of this indy doc about The Minutemen last night.Really good movie.GREAT band.Minutemen had that 52 second funky hardcore political conciousness style on lock, cause they invented it. "Double Nickles on the Dime" is unfukwitable.Check this out if it screens near you and you like punk rock.Anyone else seen it? Thoughts? Mike Watt like what.Biggest laugh in the movie was when this guy came onscreen: J. Mascis is one scurry dude. D. Boon R.I.P.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    is there a site similar to soulstrut for indy/rock/whitemusic/etc...?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Jay-Z or Eminem wouldnt be able to survive the grind the Minutemen, Black Flag or any of the "hardcore chitlin circuit" bands from back in the day..no one today could.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i gotta see this shit. is it still playing in the bay?

"Double Nickles on the Dime" is unfukwitable.

• I saw it a couple week ago--thought it was freakin incredible. My favorite part was where they interspersed shots of D. going nutzoid on stage with folks commenting on his insane energy--then Watt says "...and the crazy thing was he'd be jumping around in these TERRIBLE shoes" and they cut to a clip of D's feet in these totally ill fitting dress shoes and striped ass sweat socks. Wow. Those guys were truly RADD.