Holes that are too tight or too loose?

jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
So i got these dope new bullet 45 spindles made out of stainless steel:From Luger Sound in germany:http://www.lugersound.com/And they seem to be too small for most of my 45s causing slipping and skips, majorly bumming me out because these are the nicest spindles i have ever seen, amazing quality.So my question is are there different standards for 45 holes between different countries?And this even happens to brand new 45s so it is not the Techniques adapters stretching out the holes ause:Can anyone school me??Thanks a million.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I assume the holes are standardized, it depends on how well they are maintained at the plant since one can assume that enough wear and tear will cause them to adjust in size.

Either that, or this company is making them wrong.

Push come to shove, put your thumb and index finger in the hole as the 45 is spinning on the turntable and go from there. Lo-fi solution.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Shouldn't this question be asked in the Roxy Jezel thread?!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    So i got these dope new bullet 45 spindles made out of stainless steel:

You sure that's not a buttplug?

• young_creamyoung_cream 540 Posts
    tight

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Those are probably the same ones I got from soundquake.com (also in Germany) about 7 years ago. For me, they're perfect, but that's because 99% of the 45s I play are pressed in Jamaica, where the center hole standard is...well, there does not appear to be a Jamaican standard for center holes.

But some DJs do complain that they are too narrow.

BTW, is that a Dennis Brown 7-inch in the pic?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Emmanuel Music!

Don't Want to Be No General?

Emmanuel Music!

Don't Want to Be No General?

That's what I was thinking.

HI, ANNIE!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    oh boy. LOL

Hey is that Jammy/Stur Gav tour coming your way? They'll be here June 7 - I am EXCITED!

oh boy. LOL

Hey is that Jammy/Stur Gav tour coming your way? They'll be here June 7 - I am EXCITED!

I doubt it. No West Indian community here. Man, that sounds good!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    oh boy. LOL

I doubt it. No West Indian community here. Man, that sounds good!

^^^ clearly has never peeped the bongo drummers at aquatic park. why, there must be at least 4 W Indians in SF, and that's a conservative estimate. get familiar.