rep your favorite anonymous producer

Theodore_RucksTheodore_Rucks 105 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
this post is for people like Mark Batson that are behind all types of shit but don't really have their name out there. these are some of his recent tracks:Nas - Hold Down the Block

he's also done shit for Anthony Hamilton, Dave Matthews Band, G Unit, Seal, etc.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dave West
    Bink

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Dave West
    Bink

Yeah, both of these guys are on my list too.

Thayod Ausar is another big one.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The ARE.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    The ARE.

What else have they done? I have their album, but I'd like to hear tracks they've done for other artists.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The ARE.

What else have they done? I have their album, but I'd like to hear tracks they've done for other artists.

The ARE is just one guy...and he was the sole producer for K-Otix for quite some time.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Daz

Scarface

Al Eaton

• Chris and Drop

aka Chris Paultre and Derrick "Drop" Braxton

They did "The Coolest", "Gold Watch", and "Streets on Fire" - three of the best beats on Lupe's last album. But they damn near don't exist otherwise.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Camille

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Al Eaton

He did stuff with Short, right?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    K-Def (Ghost produced a lot of Marley Marl's shit.)
    James Poyser
    KLC

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    How come it never really happened for 88 Keys? Or maybe it did, and I just missed it? Apart from a few things with Mos Def, Musiq and one or two others, he's been real quiet, and I thought his early shit showed real promise.

• How come it never really happened for 88 Keys? Or maybe it did, and I just missed it? Apart from a few things with Mos Def, Musiq and one or two others, he's been real quiet, and I thought his early shit showed real promise.

He's got a mostly instrumental full length coming out with guest spots from Redman, Kanye, etc. Looks promising.

--

Fantom of the Beat (Hass G of UMC's and his brother Boo Who?)

GFK's "Apollo Kids," a few cuts on More Fish, Lil Kim/50's "Magic Stick", and "Take it Off" from Busta's E.L.E. album.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Fat Jon the Ample Soul Physician ... he had some fame at one point with Five Deez but not anywhere near as much as he should have. His instrumental LP's are tha schitt.
    BTW, none of these Producers are truly "anonymous", if that were the case we wouldn"t be aware of the fact that thy did what they did.

• SWIFF D.

• Fat Jon the Ample Soul Physician ... he had some fame at one point with Five Deez but not anywhere near as much as he should have. His instrumental LP's are tha schitt.
    BTW, none of these Producers are truly "anonymous", if that were the case we wouldn"t be aware of the fact that thy did what they did.

yea, anonymous should probably be in quotes. But I'm more interested in people who have almost zero name recognition but have major placements. A lot of these guys mentioned are maintaining a low profile while doing (potentially) high profile work.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Utern
    Controller7
    DAY

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Utern
    Controller7
    DAY

and Frequency!

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    MoSS!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts