Endtroducing vs. The Private Press

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited April 2008 in Strut Central
i'd say this is a more fair battle.i gotta say, its a tough call now. in 2002 i would have said endtroducing without a doubt, but now, in 2008, i really dont think i can choose. im listening to private press and its great. grew on me 1000%.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Private Press is the first Shadow record i heard. It was on heavy rotation back then. I still listen to it from time to time. Endtroducing I've only listened to in bits and pieces.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    listening to private press and its great. grew on me 1000%.

but i still think endtro. early to mid nineties record culture distilled into a good 2lp

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    im listening to private press and its great. grew on me 1000%.

Private press is a big time grower. Great record for sure.
    But all in all, taking the times into consideration, Endtro was a bombshell.
    It got a lot of people into the game, front all you want people, but it's true.
    I didn't really even like it that much 'til a couple years later, all the hype
    really turned me off.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Even as a Warp-fan, Monosyllabik makes my toes curl.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

still Endtroducing for me

• not to be a dick about it but with the huge slabs of samples, i always saw endtroducing as more of a mixtape. i got it around the same time as signify put out mixed messages and i always saw them as 2 examples of more or less the same thing. dope as hell, don't get me wrong, but...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    both suck so it's a draw!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    both suck so it's a draw!

ah c mon.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    endtroducing because it had a bigger impact.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Endtroducing still wins for me, but I think Private Press has a better finish, particularly "Blood On The Motorway".