Portland observation

DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
SO many damn tattoos. Is the trade-off that because there is no sales tax you have to get a tattoo? Like dude had a Janus-type head combining Tom Cruise and Leonard Peltier's faces, both were crying and the tears dripped down to form an outline of Iraq, and busting out of the Iraq outline was a Pacman ghost and even HE was crying blood. DOOD. Records are taking a backseat to my cultural anthro fieldwork with all this shit. Got me jamming Paul Seibel out here...

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Yeah, That's pretty much it. Most tattoo palors and strip clubs per capita in the NW.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Most strip clubs per capita in the NW.

nice!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    SO many damn tattoos. Is the trade-off that because there is no sales tax you have to get a tattoo? Like dude had a Janus-type head combining Tom Cruise and Leonard Peltier's faces, both were crying and the tears dripped down to form an outline of Iraq, and busting out of the Iraq outline was a Pacman ghost and even HE was crying blood. DOOD. Records are taking a backseat to my cultural anthro fieldwork with all this shit. Got me jamming Paul Seibel out here...

Did you miss my post asking you to turn on your PMs? If you are still in town give me a ring.

Dan

• dayday 9,612 Posts

nice!

not all of them

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Observation #2 : There are more Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese eateries out here than there are cars on the road. Yet, you enter a "Thai" place and it's shit Chinese food. You enter a "Vietnamese" place and it's shit Chinese food. And to boot, the only Asian person I've seen was this thirty-something woman named Bee at the car rental joint and even she had a fucking indiscernible faux-tribal tattoo. WTF.

nice!

not all of them

Seriously, what did you expect at 2 in the afternoon?

Oh, and there are tons of Asians here if you head into deep southeast/northeast.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Observation #2 : There are more Chinese/Thai/Vietnamese/Japanese eateries out here than there are cars on the road. Yet, you enter a "Thai" place and it's shit Chinese food. You enter a "Vietnamese" place and it's shit Chinese food. And to boot, the only Asian person I've seen was this thirty-something woman named Bee at the car rental joint and even she had a fucking indiscernible faux-tribal tattoo. WTF.

Quit eating in St Johns and hit some of those places we recommended. There are great Asain resturants. Pho Van Viet Bistro Cafe in the Pearl. Now we have to go tomorrow.

Dan