What's this one sound like?

NeverEnoughMoneyNeverEnoughMoney 300 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
How's this record? I'm looking into some remaining Curtom records I don't have and am curious about this one.Thanks.

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

How's this record? I'm looking into some remaining Curtom records I don't have and am curious about this one.

Thanks.

That looks just like the dude who runs bully records

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

How's this record? I'm looking into some remaining Curtom records I don't have and am curious about this one.

Thanks.

I think I payed on my portable once at a swap, kinda rock sonding if I'm not mistaken, not too muchvcurtis sound onvthat.

now this on the other hand...DON'T SLEEP

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Thanks.

I have the 45 from it, "Easy With You," and it's pretty awful. Best I can tell it's a "spoof" of singer/songwriter stuff, like a 70's Tenacious D or something(?), it plays out like any sappy overproduced sing-song ballad, except he flirts with getting racy lyrically...I was pretty bummed out when I got it, thinking I had found some raer Curtom soul joint, instead it was a novelty record...

• So this defintely sounds like one to stay away from.

Maybe you knowledgable Curtis fiends can help me out with another Mayfield question.

Did The Fascinations ever release a record under Curtom, Windy C, or Mayfield Records?

It appears as if they just released a handful of Curtis penned numbers on 45, but no album. Anyone know?

Thanks.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    So this defintely sounds like one to stay away from.

Maybe you knowledgable Curtis fiends can help me out with another Mayfield question.

Did The Fascinations ever release a record under Curtom, Windy C, or Mayfield Records?

It appears as if they just released a handful of Curtis penned numbers on 45, but no album. Anyone know?

Thanks.

They had at least one 45 on Mayfield.

Fascinations 45's are almost all on Mayfield, and they are all excellent. They do, IMO, the best version of his tune "Hold On" that was recorded by every female he ever did production for (or so it seems), matched maybe only by the Gladys Knight version on the slept-on "Claudine" OST.

Fascinations Discography

• I'm pretty sure they had 5 45s on Mayfield, but I'm wondering if they ever had an LP.

I'm pretty sure they had 5 45s on Mayfield, but I'm wondering if they ever had an LP.

No, they didn't.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

now this on the other hand...DON'T SLEEP

Wide awake.

• Thanks for the help everyone.