I know I am a HUGE geek for admitting this...

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
..but do any of you do this also?I like to listen to music in the place it was created/or inspired by..I know this is really dorky, but it is a pastime of mine when I travel...I have listened to Sabbath while in a dungeon of a British midlands castle, I have listened to Bjork while exploring glaciers in Iceland, I have listened to Embryo and Faust while traveling through Germany, I have listened to "Slim jenkins joint" while driving by where the place used to be, I have listened to "Itch and Scratch" while waving to Skip Pitts at a stop light, you get the idea...am I the only dork in the world that likes to do this?

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    DAMN, i didnt know Sabbath recorded in a Dungeon!!! CRAZY!!!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I dont think they did, but they were from the British midlands(Birmingham) and and spooky ass castle seemed apropos.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    it's cool to see what environment spawned such music. It often will suprise you. I listen to f**d while driving thru l**********e.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    you know what i'd do if i was loaded with money? id organize a trip where you visit difference places of the world and each place you arrive in, a wicked folk band native to that place in particular would play, id check out prince buster in jamaica and sheit. i think that would be the best trip on the face of this phucking earth.

i swear to god i want someone to create a time machine, would i go back in time to watch the pyramids be built? no. would i go back in time to say whats up to jesus? no. would i watch the taj mahal be built? no. but guaranteed i would visit the creation of the music genres of this planet. that is my dream. it would be a good movie to make too if done right. itd have to be 10 hours long.

• I don't think there's anything geeky, or dorky about this. I think it's cool. Too bad I don't have a portable music system.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    There's nothin' like ridin' through south LA listening to some West Coast Rap music. Good times.

• ..but do any of you do this also?

I like to listen to music in the place it was created/or inspired by..I know this is really dorky, but it is a pastime of mine when I travel...I have listened to Sabbath while in a dungeon of a British midlands castle, I have listened to Bjork while exploring glaciers in Iceland, I have listened to Embryo and Faust while traveling through Germany, I have listened to "Slim jenkins joint" while driving by where the place used to be, I have listened to "Itch and Scratch" while waving to Skip Pitts at a stop light, you get the idea...

am I the only dork in the world that likes to do this?

I think it's a cool idea, but I'd be listening to Sabbath in an abandoned factory...

• I'm from Queens, so I really had no choice..

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I listen to hiphop in the hood everyday.

HOLLA

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    DAMN, i didnt know Sabbath recorded in a Dungeon!!! CRAZY!!!

i think sabbath bloody sabbath was done in a castle of some sort... i seem to recall them all mentioning there was alot of coke and alot of bad vibes