MLB Fantasy Strut-League '08

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Any 'strutters interested in doing a h2h league this year?

Comments

• I'm definitely up for it if we can get enough other people.

• Yes, yall are lucky I missed out on the NBA strut league!

• Word. I can commish.

Let's do a live draft, 1 DL spot, and roster changes limited to 75.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    What's the deal with this?

I WANNA BE DOWN

• Is anyone else interested? I'm down if we get enough people.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm in...although I can't say I'll always be paying close attention to it

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I'm in...although I can't say I'll always be paying close attention to it

• Well, I am the defending champ of last year's Strut league. I'm ready to win again. Y'all should get it set up quick tho so we can get a draft. Live draft por favor. Time's a-waistin'.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Well, somebody's gotta take the initiative and set a league up if we wanna do it, so I guess I'm willing to do so just in the interest of getting things moving. Before I set anything up though, what do people prefer? Rotisserie? Points? H2H?

In the basketball leagues, head-to-head seems to keep people the most engaged. I'd set it up, but I have limited MLB knowledge. Mostly doing this to learn more about the game and players.

• I'll set it up. 5x5. Head to head. There's 8 people confirmed already...I'll set it up for ten and maybe we can catch 2 stragglers.

In the basketball leagues, head-to-head seems to keep people the most engaged. I'd set it up, but I have limited MLB knowledge. Mostly doing this to learn more about the game and players.

This is the way to do it....I was a baseball fanatic as a kid but grew away from it.

Joining a Fantasy league a few years back has gotten me back into it in a big way.

And it's fun.

• League ID: 234892

League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/234892

Password: struttin

Set it up for 12...let's do this.

Solid...6 days to research and knowledge-up for the draft.

The HoodvillGreasySpoons will be ready.

Doesn't the season start on the 25th??

Hrrrrmmmm...looks like it. Draft on Monday night then?

• Doesn't the season start on the 25th??

Damn. I didn't know that.

• Good looks Rock. Monday at 8:30 Central it is. Give the WC cats time to get home.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    OK, I'm in.

"DiscoNotDiscoDemo"

I will be checking early and often, NOT like last season

Tampa Bay Devil Rays of the league, I am not

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I am "ClemensApologist". Let the (162) games begin!

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    OK, I'm in.

"DiscoNotDiscoDemo"

I will be checking early and often, NOT like last season

Even the Rays ain't the Devil Rays anymore. They might still have a somewhat crappy record just because of the division they play in, but I'd be willing to bet the Rays are significantly better this year than they've been before. They've accumulated a ton of young talent due to having all those draft picks and these guys are all starting to hit the bigs now. Evan Longoria is their can't-miss prospect at 3B and everybody projects this guy as an absolute stud eventually (he's only 22 so it might take a season or two to find his groove). BJ Upton appears to finally have gotten everything together as well, and picking up Jason Bartlett in the Delmon Young trade should solidify their SS position. Carl Crawford is the same beast he's been for a few years now too.

The biggest problem for the Rays has generally been pitching but that's improved a ton this year too. Scott Kazmir was an absolute stud last year and should be again this year, provided his currently-aching elbow doesn't turn out to be a bigger deal than they've said it is so far. James Shields emerged last season and should be a solid #2 for them this year. They picked up Matt Garza from the Twins in the Young trade too and he's supposed to be a really good young pitcher. And most of all, they have David Price who was the #1 overall pick in the 2007 draft. He probably won't start the season on the MLB roster but I'd be shocked if he doesn't get promoted at sometime this season and all the scouting I've read on him from spring training says he's the real deal and will be tough once he adjusts to the majors.

So... The Rays probably won't win their division, but I wouldn't expect them to facing two teams with payrolls of around $150 million and higher. However, I also don't think they're going to finish last in their division this year either. I honestly see them finishing ahead of Baltimore and maybe even Toronto. I know it doesn't really mean anything but the Rays currently have the best record in the Grapefruit League in spring training so there's at least reason for them to be optimistic going into this season.

• Just a friendly reminder that the draft is tomorrow night at 8:30 Central.

I closed the league at 10. Did everyone get in that wanted to? We would need two definites at this point if more want to join.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    I'm liking the way the draft turned out.
    I'm pleased with who I got, although maybe I could use one more bat.

I'm the Pico Blvd Garbanzos btw

• MarcoFunk here...I like my team, but I'm always down to tweak a little here and there.

• Dang. We're in the cellar but I really like my squad. I got too many bats. Someone get at me w/ a decent starter. I got youngsters for days like Loney, Hermida, Butler......

• Options
    Just a friendly reminder that the draft is tomorrow night at 8:30 Central.

I closed the league at 10. Did everyone get in that wanted to? We would need two definites at this point if more want to join.

Nah, I wanted in on this! Is it too late?

• Dang. We're in the cellar but I really like my squad. I got too many bats. Someone get at me w/ a decent starter. I got youngsters for days like Loney, Hermida, Butler......

I need a closer and an outfielder...Might be able to work something out.

MLB Fantasy Strut-League '08 Results/b1b,121b,1211. BIG HICK STICKS! (aaron...?)b,121b,1212. The Illuminati (GeneP.)b,121b,1213. HoodvillGreasySpoons (drewnice)

• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121
    MLB Fantasy Strut-League '08 Results/b1b,121b,1211. BIG HICK STICKS! (aaron...?)b,121b,1212. The Illuminati (GeneP.)b,121b,1213. HoodvillGreasySpoons (drewnice) b,121b,121h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121Do you believe in miracles!