Devin Leaves Rap-A-Lot

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
On Monday, February 4th, Houston MC Devin the Dude announced that he will not be renewing his contract with Rap-A-Lot Records. Devin began his run with the record label back in 1992 with the Odd Squad and remained there for 15 years, releasing 4 solo albums during that time. However, in a statement announcing his decision to leave, Devin voiced that it was a peaceful split, ???Rap-A-Lot has been my family for a long time and there???s no bad blood at all. But change is a part of life and I feel like this is the time to make a change and focus more on the business side of my career.??? It is rumored that Devin the Dude is considering offers from several different labels at this time.will devin join a label that will help him sell millions of records like he deserves to? or will he be on the backburner like m.o.p on g-unit? i'd hate to see devin sign to a label that'll delay his next release. cause as bad as the promotion was for him, at least rap-a-lot gave him full artistic freedom.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Not sure this is going to go a way that I will be able to cosign. But good luck out there Devin...

Now, come up to Austin and bang out an album with Salih, why don't ya?

• On Monday, February 4th, Houston MC Devin the Dude announced that he will not be renewing his contract with Rap-A-Lot Records. Devin began his run with the record label back in 1992 with the Odd Squad and remained there for 15 years, releasing 4 solo albums during that time. However, in a statement announcing his decision to leave, Devin voiced that it was a peaceful split, ???Rap-A-Lot has been my family for a long time and there???s no bad blood at all. But change is a part of life and I feel like this is the time to make a change and focus more on the business side of my career.??? It is rumored that Devin the Dude is considering offers from several different labels at this time.

will devin join a label that will help him sell millions of records like he deserves to? or will he be on the backburner like m.o.p on g-unit?

i'd hate to see devin sign to a label that'll delay his next release. cause as bad as the promotion was for him, at least rap-a-lot gave him full artistic freedom.

From what I heard he's goin to go the route of a Sony/Red Koch or one of those.

• Devin can maintain with out rap a lot. I think he should just start his own little label and sign a distribution deal with someone major.