No More Negs ! (Ebay R)

Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Just saw this posted on another board and thought it may generate some interesting views here...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7228460.stm

Comments

• It's been discussed in several threads. easily the worst idea, out of many bad ideas, that ebay's ever come up with.

• It's been discussed in several threads. easily the worst idea, out of many bad ideas, that ebay's ever come up with.

Oops, can I get a late pass...

• yeah now i do alot more selling and I have to warn buyers that 7 days are open them & it is time to pay or else.

Oops, can I get a late pass...

The second they impliment this, I'm officially done with ebay.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What the hell kinda sense does that make?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    What the hell kinda sense does that make?

"enhancing your local shopping experience"...customer is king. as soon as everyone checks over to discogs or somewhere else, they will change it again i hope. I will not sell on the bay anymore, or only with registered mail and video tracking...

• how bout just steppin up your seller game? Maybe leave feedback first when buyers are trusting you with their MONEY. How bout cleaning a record and putting it in a new sleeve. Or even how bout leaving feedback after I drop $$$ on you and leave positive feedback.

I got negative feedback from a seller cuz he sent me a 45 without a sleeve. I left him neutral feedback saying "next time send 45s in sleeves." am I wrong for calling him out or is he just a dude who's saltly I sent him dough and had a modicum of expectation that a 45 should come with a sleeve? and I leave positive feedback AND continue to buy from dudes who send unclean records in old azz split seam sleeves and no outer sleeves. I mean come the fuck on.

• how bout just steppin up your seller game? Maybe leave feedback first when buyers are trusting you with their MONEY. How bout cleaning a record and putting it in a new sleeve. Or even how bout leaving feedback after I drop $$$ on you and leave positive feedback.

I got negative feedback from a seller cuz he sent me a 45 without a sleeve. I left him neutral feedback saying "next time send 45s in sleeves." am I wrong for calling him out or is he just a dude who's saltly I sent him dough and had a modicum of expectation that a 45 should come with a sleeve? and I leave positive feedback AND continue to buy from dudes who send unclean records in old azz split seam sleeves and no outer sleeves. I mean come the fuck on.

OK.. but as a seller, I HATE when I receive neutral or bad feedback from someone who didn't took time to discuss about the problem before.

• OK.. but as a seller, I HATE when I receive neutral or bad feedback from someone who didn't took time to discuss about the problem before.

as a now part-time seller I couldn't agree more, but more & more I'm not getting one iota of communication from sellers outside of ebay notices. Is that an example of how when I reach out with a problem it will be addressed?

• Sorry to be a newbie... but whats the deal If i ordered some shit and never recieved it? Its been about a month... 2 12"s from Paris... from Diggers Digest. I spent serious loot on these... and Im kinda worried... do I do a charge back? do i just accept, oh they are lost in the mail. Or does it really take a month to ship 2 LPs from paris... even though I paid for a bunch of 45s from sweden the same day and got that shit a week or more ago.

• All I can say is that the mail is faulty. period. shit could take 3 months.

• So theoretically... if i was a seller... and the buyer didn't demand a shipping format that is tracable. I could take their money and tell them their shit is lost in the mail and have no recourse possible?

• Yeah sure, I guess.

as a seller, lots of buyers get frustrated with the postal service. I rarely if ever ship a package past the week it's paid for - usually within 2 days - but it is what it is.

I think it is pretty obvious when you are dealing with a scam artist.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    The single negative feedback I've ever gotten was a retaliatory negative after I left a seller neutral feedback. He was a domestic seller who shipped something well over a month late. I thought neutral was fair and yet he felt he had to drop a red circle on me when I paid within 24hours of my win.