What were Becky's asking for in the 70's or 80's?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
obviously now its JT, Lohan, or some shit pop princess I don't even know... or the ever impressive.. can you play such and such type of music..... (when you are currently playing that genre as she is asking).. I wonder what pissed off dudes back in the day?.....

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    David Cassidy
    Shaun Cassidy
    Leif Garrett
    Bay City Rollers

• do people ask for Lohan? If so, wow.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    do people ask for Lohan? If so, wow.

Lohan has a record? Yeesh. for once I'm proud to be old and

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    jr high dances?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    In the 70's, it was Tab, qualudes, and black dick...in that order.

In the 80's, it was Crystal Light, cocaine, and their own black dick...in that order.

• jr high dances?

true, but if you're djing a jr high dance can you really get mad at any request?

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, back to the original focus.

• Duran Duran

• do people ask for Lohan? If so, wow.
    not sure but I remember she hada record out.. so I'm sure some becky has asked for it. don't front like you don't remember the ever impressive Lohan droppin that azz video.

link

• ahhhh white women...just as bad as money itself

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Duran Duran

Pretty much.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Late 70s: Anything from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i been waiting for a becky thread.

last friday my two becky requests were 'Runnin Away' and 'Holy Ghost'

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Beeeeeee Geeeeeeeees

• 70's

Stevie, Chicago, KC and the Sunshine Band

Beeeeeee Geeeeeeeees

Also the late 90's and early 00's if my local DJ experience is any indication. Bee Gees are the timeless becky catnip.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Bee Gees are the timeless becky catnip.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I dunno but on Sunday night not only was I hit with "c'mon man! I wanna rage!" but also "can you play something with a little more edge?" Yea. That happened.

I dunno but on Sunday night not only was I hit with "c'mon man! I wanna rage!" but also "can you play something with a little more edge?" Yea. That happened.

This past Sunday? I guess the Superbowl got fools agitated. "I wanna rage?" What did dude have in mind? Was he gunning for you to play the theme to Mortal Kombat or something? And what were you playing at the time?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

i don't think those are Beckys. more like girls I need you to introduce me to.

• last friday my two becky requests were 'Runnin Away' and 'Holy Ghost'

yeah i was gonna say! you talkin bout some other Holy Ghost or somethin? cause i'll make a girl sweat dancin to that joint!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

This past Sunday? I guess the Superbowl got fools agitated. "I wanna rage?" What did dude have in mind? Was he gunning for you to play the theme to Mortal Kombat or something? And what were you playing at the time?

Those were from girls. When the "I want to rage" comment was made - I believe I was playing 'Rock With You' (MJ) and when the 'something with more edge' comment was made I was playing Wings - Mrs. Vanderbilt. Bare in mind this was in a pretty empty bar on a Sunday night.....

I don't have it in me anymore to give girls shit when they ask "when are you gonna play some Britney." I honestly don't care if they want to hear it - it's the stupidity of asking if I'm going to play that sorta shit when I've played nothing of the sort all night and we're in more of a lounge than a 'club.'

Oh but the best was - same Sunday residency (at Winston's on Santa Monica - any LA heads wanna come through by all means do!) I was playing Michael Jackson, I think Baby Be Mine, and some chick came up to me and asked "can you play some rap music that I can dance to? like Flo Rida or Soula Boy?" When I told her it wasn't that kind of night - she was sure to come up later and ask for Britney - at which point I asked her how old she was because I honestly thought she had to be 14 asking for that sort of shit. Her friend then said "no no - she's from San Francisco." What??!?!?! Tellin you man....it's a scary Frickin' world.

• Her friend then said "no no - she's from San Francisco." What??!?!?! Tellin you man....it's a scary Frickin' world.

WTF? i don't buy that excuse hahahahaha!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    the stupidity of asking if I'm going to play that sorta shit when I've played nothing of the sort all night and we're in more of a lounge than a 'club.'
    they just want to talk to a guy without looking too desperate

Michael Jackson - Baby Be Mine
    nice choice

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

yeah i was gonna say! you talkin bout some other Holy Ghost or somethin? cause i'll make a girl sweat dancin to that joint!

well, one took the classic Becky approach-- "hi, it's my birthday etc...we want to hear something fun that everybody knows and will dance too etc...then...how about Holy Ghost?" I'm like, "That shouldn't be a problem."

Her friend then said "no no - she's from San Francisco." What??!?!?! Tellin you man....it's a scary Frickin' world.

WTF? i don't buy that excuse hahahahaha!

How the fuck is that even an excuse? Is there some SF becky wackness virus I don't know about? I would expect someone from SF to be coming with better request game.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Bon Jovi.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Dancing Queen
    Nutbush City Limits
    +
    Robert Palmer & Boz Scaggs Jawns

• word, i was about to say ABBA....

i was playing hip hop and r&b on saturday, like normal, and this chick asked for dj tiesto! come on now... she was the waitress too and should have known better.

• Nutbush City Limits

What's so "Beckyish" about this Ike & Tina Turner song?