Breakself "Records Are People Too" mix at GRNYC

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
I was drinking whiskey last night, and this is normally the time that I decide to call the homie Aaron "Breakself" Anderson. Anyway, we talked about the world, the sun in the sky, and why there is not a bean in a bean pie, and I asked him to bless my site with this mix. He berated me for only drinking a half pint of Jameson ("that's why it's called 'half' - you gotta drink another one!") but reluctantly granted my wish, grumbling the whole time that record dudes used to be able to toss back a drink or three.Anyone who knows anything knows Aaron has all kinds of heat in his collection and he's slapping us silly with it here. So put a Frickin' gerbil on your Christmas list because even Santa can't find these records.www.goodrecordsnyc.com

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Dude sent me a mix a while back now and damn if I can't get through a week without putting it on.

His taste is silk made of gold.

• Great stuff.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Can we see a tracklist???

thnx bye

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I will never say "I was made to love you" the same again. This mix is fire, folks.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Who is this shmuck? He must have his famous sister tracking all this stuff for him. No way is he pullin this shit off Gemm.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    ok, this is officially Frickin' up my shit. Damn!

• Alright, now that you've got our attention, where can we go to download this soulful-ass shit?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Lula Collins - Suppose

I am dead on the floor. Killed right dead by this song. No pulse, eyes rolled back into my head, still warm to the touch, but well dead.

• Alright Jonny STOP PLAYIN! The joint that comes in at 18:30 just MADE MY FUCKIN DAY!!!
    Is there a way to DL this mix? Hook up yer breddren, por favor....

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Alright Jonny STOP PLAYIN! The joint that comes in at 18:30 just MADE MY FUCKIN DAY!!!
    Is there a way to DL this mix? Hook up yer breddren, por favor....

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I cosine all of the above. This mix still managed to nullify my mug, even through the mechanical din of basement water heater repair this morning.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Also, was totally unaware goodrecords was online now. Good looks

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    aarons sale box at the past kusf shitted on most peoples personal collection. i think i knew half of his sale records. blown away by those i didnt know.

glad we get to have a three way cuddle party in the moonroom on friday with harryballsackalicious.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    This is pretty damn great. I love how its all over the map musically. Thanks for posting Johnny. How have you been?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I think he may be on a couple of these...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Blastin this loud at work right for the second time now. Great tunes. Thanks.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Alright, thats just ridiculous. What is that song at 43:00? Blowing my mind right now.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I think he may be on a couple of these...

yeah right.

Can't wait to check this out!

• incredible.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    damn. you got that Livice and co?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Insane!! I need a DL link

your websites on fire Johnny, you dun built a monster!

peace.

• Hmmm... Simon's mix gets buried in the announcements but Aaron gets the red carpet stars (C.D.R.) treatment...

I'm sure this schitt is gonna be good though, thanks dudes.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Dope! Breakself most definitely has crazy heat. He came to my house to play records and I'm still picking up jaws from the ground. Would have been the highlight if Johnny Paycheck hadn't passed out in his running car in my driveway for 2 hours

Call me Aaron... we gotta get that mix going! The south bay needs us!

• Would have been the highlight if Johnny Paycheck hadn't passed out in his running car in my driveway for 2 hours

Apparently he drank a little more than HALF the bottle of jamie that day...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    NICE.

Love the track that comes on at 43:01.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts

Where's the wet-mouth graemlin?

2nd track has already got me

Those were the days...

• SCREWDRIVER WOMAN, SCREWING SCREWS

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    The joint that comes in at 18:30 just MADE MY FUCKIN DAY!!!

that and the joint after are

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Where's the wet-mouth graemlin?

2nd track has already got me

Those were the days...

Sayin. I'm only 3 tracks in and I'm like

Nice one! (no dustygroove)

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    real dope mix, thanks for posting....

nice website too!