Martin Luther King Tribute MIXES

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
if anyone has a MLK mix they ever made please post it in this thread, for those that have to work on MLK day download these and play them at your place of business...if you don't have to work make sure you make it a day ON not a day off (i really believe that ish) I made this mix for MLK day 2006, i was working with kids at the time and gave them away to people who came out for this special MLK day event I helped plan. The has lots of snippits from Dr. Kings speaches mixed in between songs so it's more than what's on the tracklist. LINK: http://www.divshare.com/download/3551826-be4Tracklist:Take 6 - Spread LoveCharles Wright and the Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band - Express YourselfThe Heptones - Message From A Black ManP.S. 186 - We Shall OvercomeSharon Jones and the Dap-Kings - This Land Is Your LandTimmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live TogetherKool & The Gang - Heavan At OnceMcFaden & Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us NowThe Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'Michael Jackson - Black or WhiteStevie Wonder - Happy BirthdayThe Beatles - RevolutionMartha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing in the StreetLyn Collins - Women's LibBobby Byrd - If You Don't Work, You Can't EatP.S. 186 - I Shall Not Be MovedSly & The Family Stone - You Can Make It If You TryThe Impressions - This Is My CountrySam Cooke - A Change Is Gonna Comei have to work tomorrow and would love to hear some other mixes to get me through the day.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Not to bust anybody's balls, but how does "Long Train Runnin'" or a song about the Women's Liberation movement relate back to MLK?