Scrathing a sampled hook vs A singing Hook?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I have heard that scratching in an MC's voice cost mad loot now due to sampling laws so is that a big reason we hear a lot of singing on hooks now? What do you perfer?FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1120624645Mangoman">

Scratching in the Hook vs Singing in the hook?[/b]ScratchingSingingOr both? Or does it depend on who?INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">What's yall thoughts on this??? Shot everyone is greedy nowadays, so sad!

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    C. or D. THE YELLIN' SHIT chorus (MOP, ol' ONYX, et al)

Is it true that KRS gets sampled so much cause he or his label never charges?!?!?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I think there are a lot of singing hooks is because there has always been a need to make rap "acceptable" to critics. 15 years later, it worked to the point where singers are rappers, and hip-hop is now R&B. It's a bit more catchy to the ear if there is a familiar hook.

If artists are getting paid and paying for their samples, and if they have to pay for a scratched rap lyric, pay. Outside of being used in commercials, I haven't heard too many rappers suing each other. Then again, money is to be made.

Homage? Pfftt.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    strictly depends...

old-school-snoop-dogg-esque-signing-chorus type shit is the TRUTH though...

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    IOutside of being used in commercials, I haven't heard too many rappers suing each other. Then again, money is to be made.

Chuck D vs. B.I.G./Premier for "10 Crack Commandments"

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    scratchin'