Emoticon request?

asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Is there any way we can change the emoticon to Lupe Fiasco's face? I completely remember and appreciate exactly why Talib is there now, but hating on him is so 2006, can we keep it up to date? Or is it just too classic to be fucked with the way it is?I just really hate Lupe is what I'm trying to say...

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dog I was listening to cat on the motherfucking radio yesterday and I just wanted to smash dude in the grill. What a Frickin' HERB.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Kweli will be making terrible music long after Lupe has shuffled out the biz...but here you go:

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Kweli will be making terrible music long after Lupe has shuffled out the biz...but here you go:

Also, Talib actually uttered the phrase, so it's fitting that he always be associated with the graemlin. I'm not against a limited-time/alternate Lupe version, though.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Hahahahaha!

ILL.

• this might be more useful in terms of actual use on the board.

• Haha, is that in reference to his ATCQ comments from earlier in the year? Nice job.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is there any way we can change the emoticon to Lupe Fiasco's face? I completely remember and appreciate exactly why Talib is there now, but hating on him is so 2006, can we keep it up to date? Or is it just too classic to be fucked with the way it is?

Talib had made an outraged blog post because he saw someone on Okayplayer refer to M-1 from Dead Prez's solo album as "doo-doo on a stick". He admitted to not having heard the album, but since he "studies music" he knew that that simply could not be the case. Some months later he announced a contest to design the logo for his new imprint and that was the genesis of the graemlin.

I agree with the point made above that nobody's going to remember Lupe next year--in fact, most of his stans seem to have forgotten him already--so the relevance of a Lupe graemlin would be fleeting.

this might be more useful in terms of actual use on the board.

One question, though. Is the apostrophe in "it's" deliberate or accidental? Leaving it in is appropriate in a Strut sort of way.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    this might be more useful in terms of actual use on the board.

Siiiccckkkk!

• Talib had made an outraged blog post because he saw someone on Okayplayer refer to M-1 from Dead Prez's solo album as "doo-doo on a stick". He admitted to not having heard the album, but since he "studies music" he knew that that simply could not be the case.

brilliant.

• Is the apostrophe in "it's" deliberate or accidental?

oops. But as you said, it shall stay.

Is the apostrophe in "it's" deliberate or accidental?

oops. But as you said, it shall stay.

Cool, I'm glad you were able to dig what I meant by that.

C7, did you do the RZA/Microwave graemlin too?

• yeah, I made the rza one too.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

He did indeed. Dude's the Terry Gilliam of this merry band of misfits.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

Talib had made an outraged blog post because he saw someone on Okayplayer refer to M-1 from Dead Prez's solo album as "doo-doo on a stick". He admitted to not having heard the album, but since he "studies music" he knew that that simply could not be the case. Some months later he announced a contest to design the logo for his new imprint and that was the genesis of the graemlin.

I agree with the point made above that nobody's going to remember Lupe next year--in fact, most of his stans seem to have forgotten him already--so the relevance of a Lupe graemlin would be fleeting.

Like I said, I remember the whole backstory, I just figured it was worth hijacking to express my hatred for Lupe... Here's one lolcats style:

He did indeed. Dude's the Terry Gilliam of this merry band of misfits.

I thought so. Your graemlin game is tight, indeed. The motion adds a whole new level. Props to you, sir.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    my hatred for Lupe

• this is sort of unrelated, but I was thinking of dude's "the cool" album and somehow ended up with this. I don't know how this can be used,, but who cares.

• this is sort of unrelated, but I was thinking of dude's "the cool" album and somehow ended up with this. I don't know how this can be used,, but who cares.

Frickin' classic.

this is sort of unrelated, but I was thinking of dude's "the cool" album and somehow ended up with this. I don't know how this can be used,, but who cares.

Oh shit! I think C7 should get some sort of SS credit for his graemlins that he can cash in for free SS merchandise.

Him and Quo and any other guys who have done classic graemlins as well. They never fail to brighten my day.

• per0per0 152 Posts
    this is sort of unrelated, but I was thinking of dude's "the cool" album and somehow ended up with this. I don't know how this can be used,, but who cares.

Frickin' classic.