Surprised by value of some of your records?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
What records do you have that have been stashed away that you discovered have risen in value quite a bit. I'm really surprised the first Unkle album has become a $50 or $60 record. Also, I've seen the Rancid Out Come the Wolves album get over $100 (although a check of Ebay shows it's gone down since then). I know they reissued it on a picture disc recently which would explain the price drop.

Comments

• Options
    I've got "Super Wess" by Wess and the Airedales stashed away somewhere (read: I don't remember where it is), got it at a garage sale for 50 cents, thought it was a one-tracker and had no idea it was worth anything until I saw it in one of DeeRock's posts laying on his rug. Turns out Jazzman reissued the one track on a 45 and there it goes.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I posted a track that I thought was funny by joni adams, off this LP I found for a buck.

People were bugging.... turns out it was a moderately big $ norrthern track and I was none the wiser.

Sounded to me!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    are you talking about the Las Vegas to Miami LP?

I've been looking for that for years and never even seen the cover.

please post a picture so I can narrow down my search

• DJelV2000DJelV2000 322 Posts
    found a coupla big hitters in my collection that I got years ago...

buck a piece type jawns

re-dug those joints outa my own collection...and realized they go for prices

freeport cityh sound, hot ice no 1, mad cliff...etc...

some of those joints go for bucks
    not complaining tho...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Yes. I hold back, and then all of a sudden I see records blow up.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    are you talking about the Las Vegas to Miami LP?

I've been looking for that for years and never even seen the cover.

please post a picture so I can narrow down my search

That's the one.

The cover has a split between two pics, one of miami and one of las vegas. With "miami to las vegas - souvenier album" in the middle in red & yellow letters.

Hell I might even trade it if you have something I'm really after... send me a list...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Actually, what surprises me most is how some of my *cds* have gone for more money than my LPs! The Sebutones album...the first two Aesop Rock CD-Rs...Soul on Ice...various Rap-a-Lot joints, etc. I'm talking well over $100 on a few of these. Ridiculous!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Actually, what surprises me most is how some of my *cds* have gone for more money than my LPs! the first two Aesop Rock CD-Rs[/b]... I'm talking well over $100 on a few of these. Ridiculous!

same with me, and the early rhymesayers stuff, ive made more off of those then anything in my collection...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    45s surprise me the most....a bunch of stuff I have that I thought was "meat and potatoes" seems to go for some loot on sales lists, but usually just british ones...prices like 50 to 75 pounds...shit, that is 100 to 150 bucks to my amercian ass. nice to know I might be able to make rent with some of my records if I was ever in a tight spot.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Actually, what surprises me most is how some of my *cds* have gone for more money than my LPs! the first two Aesop Rock CD-Rs[/b]... I'm talking well over $100 on a few of these. Ridiculous!

same with me, and the early rhymesayers stuff, ive made more off of those then anything in my collection...

shit really?

thanks for the heads up...

I been preparing to sell a bunch of shit and ebay checks reveal some surprising prices. (bahamadia's ep for $30? the binary star ep for $25? wtf?)

• nice to know I am making rent[/b] with some of my records since I am in a tight spot[/b]
    no doubt and no, as you all say, ayo

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

shit really?

thanks for the heads up...

I been preparing to sell a bunch of shit and ebay checks reveal some surprising prices. (bahamadia's ep for $30? the binary star ep for $25? wtf?)

ya, i got 45 for the binary star ep, everyones into hip hop nowadays...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :scion: prices

Does this mean cheap, like a scion?

• awallawall 673 Posts

i was really supprised that this was worth $150 considering it's one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

i was really supprised that this was worth $150 considering it's one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

yeah the Cyrillic Internet Emcees are that crack!

• awallawall 673 Posts

huh?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

huh?

The image is blocked by remote linking. You gotta cut and paste the image URL for it to show.