HANAMATSURI

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
so today is the day buddha became enlightened. in lumbini's garden, under a lotusbodhi tree. i shit you not. this is the folklore. so happy birthday shakamuni.

anyways, hanamatsuri is a japanese buddhist holiday meaning "flower festival". and you get to pour tea over a statue of buddha. or at least this is what i did. just thought id "big up" the fat dude.

ps
buddha is not FAT. that fat dude is actually one of the 7 lucky gods of japanese shinto folklore. his name is hotei. why most white folks mistake him for buddha i shall never know.

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yea baby it's all about the Shichifukujin. I bought a little soveniur with them 7 gods on it at a onsen one time. That shit was the bomb! i used to keep that shit on my little Japanese style desk, thinking it would bring me good luck and shit. but yea, you're waaay more knowledgeable about Japanese history than I am. true ninja!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I sang Michael Bolton last night at karaoke Shig. You would've been proud. My head hurts today, thats all. Continue.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    I sang Michael Bolton last night at karaoke Shig. You would've been proud. My head hurts today, thats all. Continue.

awesome! were you "headbanging" to bolton, or was it because of the whiskey flavor?

hey yuichi, what's the name of the dude with the boner-head? that dude rules!

hey yuichi, what's the name of the dude with the boner-head? that dude rules!

no idea. haha. but i bet he's cool.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    No headbanging, more about the budweiser flavor. Soothing sunset videos are what's up.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    FUKUROKUJU[/b] gettin his para-para on.

FUKUROKUJU[/b] gettin his para-para on.

AWESOME. i need to learn my shichifukujins.